Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating upgrading from my RF-1000. Is the X-11 a big improvement?

My only grip with the RF-1000 is the lens gets foggy at low speed if I don't prop it open a bit. I can use the little lever to hold it open but it gets old adjusting it all the time. I was hoping the X-11 might have better ventilation that would cure this.

Will I be able to buy the same size? I'd like to just do the online thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts

My only grip with the RF-1000 is the lens gets foggy at low speed if I don't prop it open a bit. I can use the little lever to hold it open but it gets old adjusting it all the time. I was hoping the X-11 might have better ventilation that would cure this.

Well I have never owned a RF-1000. My first and only helmet is the X-Eleven and I love it and as far as what your telling me it sounds like the X-Eleven would be perfect for you. Although I have never had to use it because my len has yet to fog up on me their is a lever on the side of the X-Eleven that you set personally to how much you want it to open for quick ventelation from poping up the lens a little bit but like I said I have yet to have a "fogging up" problem yet and I have had my Helmet for about 3 months now.

Tim

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I can't even get the size L RF1000 on my head but my X11 L fits perfect.

I had an RF900 and the X11 vents better but is much noisier... which doesn't bother me because I wear earplugs.

·
Registered
246 Posts

From the website it looks as if the X-Eleven does have a better ventilation system. The X-Eleven has dual liner ventilation system so that in itself is a huge difference and like I said before I have never owned the RF-1000 but I did the same thing you are asking me "research" which lead me to buy the X-Eleven over the RF-1000 and I am a very staisfied cutomer. I have never had the face shield fog up not once....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'll have to at least try one on before I order.

I didn't have the option of buying the X-11 when I bought my RF-1000.

·
Registered
527 Posts
had the rf1000 for almost 3years. i've always had the fogging problem. it gets pretty bad when it's cold out and i have a few blocks of slow speed riding before getting on the freeway. i usually have to just leave my visor open until i get up to speed. love the helmet otherwise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been all over Europe, Middle East, Central and South America but never to the the far east. I have always wanted to go to Japan, so please tell me it's the land of milk and honey. I had a korean girlfriend, of course she hated the japanese.(she was a doctor, so she didn't really, but her family did obviously) In any case I have had some japanese friends and they want me to visit, I just haven't been able to yet...

·
Registered
37 Posts
had the rf1000 for almost 3years. i've always had the fogging problem. it gets pretty bad when it's cold out and i have a few blocks of slow speed riding before getting on the freeway. i usually have to just leave my visor open until i get up to speed. love the helmet otherwise.
Didn't mean to cut you off. But your right, it's all about breathing downward

·
Registered
193 Posts
well its propably too late but i have an rf-1000 and its a great helmet no complains yah maybe a little foddy when its cold or low speed some times but honestly x 11 is the same helmet but minor vent upgrade
maybe the x 11 will be better on low speed or at cold weather but the little fogy thing doesnt bother anyone just lift the visor a bit and ull b fine :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
well its propably too late but i have an rf-1000 and its a great helmet no complains yah maybe a little foddy when its cold or low speed some times but honestly x 11 is the same helmet but minor vent upgrade
maybe the x 11 will be better on low speed or at cold weather but the little fogy thing doesnt bother anyone just lift the visor a bit and ull b fine :)
Are you impling that I am slow......:sniper:

·
Registered
193 Posts
lol not really bro lol
sorry i didnt mean that at alll :nono:
to be honest with u i had some foggy raids only when it rains or its getting really cold cause the fr 1000 is really well balanced helmet and of course x 11 is the one after it and abviously the improved version

and tribaltim once again lol no i am not saying that u are slow or anything i was just talking about riding slow might cause foggyness maybe im not sure

but yah alll my respect to you all im just talking about the helmets lol not riders :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
The X-11 and RF-1000 are not the same size at all. The RF-1000 is more rounded then the X-11, which is long oval.

The RF-1000 is still a oval, just a little round compared to the X-11.

The X-11 fits my head perfectly but the RF-1000 is a little loose in the same size, for sure there is a difference, I confirmed with Shoei head office on this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok a couple days late on this but ill throw my hat in the ring

I have both x-11 and rf-1000

x-11 better over all, more aerodynamic, lighter, comfort, less road noise

when you put all this together the x-11 is a way better helmet

My rf-1000 is now just a passenger helmet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts