Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there are any Goose Hunters on the board. late season here in Michigan is starting up and I'm excited. Hopefully we'll have another good year of goose hunting. We're in the market for some new land since our previous area is now turning into homes....god I hate that. We'll probably be out in Manchester (lots of geese) and Jackson (not too many Geese, but at least it's land).

So if you've got the edge to pow some Geese in our area, let me know.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
tikki50 said:
Just curious if there are any Goose Hunters on the board. late season here in Michigan is starting up and I'm excited. Hopefully we'll have another good year of goose hunting. We're in the market for some new land since our previous area is now turning into homes....god I hate that. We'll probably be out in Manchester (lots of geese) and Jackson (not too many Geese, but at least it's land).

So if you've got the edge to pow some Geese in our area, let me know.
Kensington Metro Park in Milford, just bring bare hands as there will be a zillion of the flying rats

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't know they allowed hunting in that park. Hummmm.... I guess I have to swing by and fill up a bag.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
tikki50 said:
I didn't know they allowed hunting in that park. Hummmm.... I guess I have to swing by and fill up a bag.
If you can walk up, grab a goose and snap it's neck I doubt you will be bothered :eek: (new a guy that did once in a while) But no the reason they are overrun with Deer, Geese and Racoons is no hunting (of coure there has been some mysterious population resets in history, notably of the Racoons)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I used to goose hunt a lot when I lived back in Ohio and still do over the holidays when I go home but I haven't done any in Michigan. Same problem... no land to hunt.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep land is an issue. At least most land leases are for deer not Geese. So sometimes you can find people that don't care if you goose hunt on their land.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Around here you have to run the Geese off from your front yard. How do you eat them nasty things. Tried to cook one one time. Cooked it and was tougk as rubber, then boiled it and still could not eat it and then give up on it and give it to the dog. He buried it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ever shoot one that was flying towards you and have it fall out of the sky and almost hit you? Those mothers come down with some power.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL. actually I don't cook them up like that. I take them to the butcher and have him mix deer and goose together into a sausage, its' really good! I haven't had one land one me yet. But I have had them run over me after they landed and were running all around all crazy, knocking the decoy's over and the dog chasing them. LOL kinda funny to watch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts