Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped my bike off last week at the local bike shop to get the valves adjusted and spark plugs changed and air filter replaced and i am washing my bike today getting ready to go for a ride and i find one of my air ducts zipped tied on and the other is messed up also... the rubber backing that goes in the hole on the tank is messed up and will not hold the bolt. i contacted the guy that did the work and he tells me i dropped it off like that ....:pissed2: .... so now im wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase the rubber backing that goes in the holes on the tank so i can properly attach my air ducts... any help would greatly be appreciated

thanks

here are some pics of how i found my bike and pics of the holes in the gas tank i am speaking of..

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
That stinks. I would suggest trying the dealer and see if by chance they have them in stock. Ron Ayers sells just about any piece you need for less than the dealer and you get it faster most of the time also. It might be worth checking a local hardware store. It sounds bizarre but I just found that one of our local hard ware store carries trim clips and other items that I thought for sure I was going to have to order from the dealer.

Ronayers.com Microfiche Honda>Motorcycle>2003>CBR900RR>UPPER COWL 2

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That stinks. I would suggest trying the dealer and see if by chance they have them in stock. Ron Ayers sells just about any piece you need for less than the dealer and you get it faster most of the time also. It might be worth checking a local hardware store. It sounds bizarre but I just found that one of our local hard ware store carries trim clips and other items that I thought for sure I was going to have to order from the dealer.

Ronayers.com Microfiche Honda>Motorcycle>2003>CBR900RR>UPPER COWL 2
they have everything else but that one piece lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
Raise the tank and look around the airbox and engine. These rubber gromet type nuts can get pushed out and fall down on the engine. You may get lucky and find them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raise the tank and look around the airbox and engine. These rubber gromet type nuts can get pushed out and fall down on the engine. You may get lucky and find them.
ill check but im pretty sure they are gone.... cuz when i went to the shop to drop something off for my bike it was stripped down... tank off fairings off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts