3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any known problems so far?
Are the new bikes performing flawless?
:hmm:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had mine now for about 8 weeks, no drama's.

Little things like the black tank scratch easily are irritations but not flaws, and the removal of the number plate bracket and rear footpegs is a bitch but not a build quality issue.

Defenitely something to watch though is the battery, very small and bike takes a fair while to turn over and start (like a Triumph 675), didnt ride the bike for like 3 weeks as I was away and it took quite a bit longer than usual to start, has me wondering about life span of the battery!!!

But thats all small stuff, at the end of the day the bike is awesome and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There is a big problem with the UK bikes...........the weather is so crap you never get to ride them. Mine is two weeks old tomorrow and has covered 70 miles so far :mad:

However. It is 12C and sunny today. I'm having a few hours off this afternoon to go riding with my buddy :smilebig:

·
Registered
460 Posts
750 kilometers 4 weeks old today, perfect, no compliants except that I share a few peoples concerns about the battery it does take that little bit more effort to turn over....but it's not a big deal!!!!. The bike is just soooooooooo good.:)

·
Banned
236 Posts
Splatty: being another Brit rider I can relate to what you are saying regarding the weather, however taking it easy and going out for a ride in it will bring the miles up quicker for the supposed spring weather that should be here soon enough and you wont have to worry about still running it in, you can give it some welly with good road conditions.

I am due to pick mine up in the next couple of weeks and plan on doing a trip up north and back to scrub the miles in regardless of the weather, that way when its time she will be fully breathing and open to anything I throw at her.

Russ

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have had mine for about a week with 150 miles on it,so far no problems. Going to do a 300 mile ride Saturday so I will let you know if I encounter any problems..

·
Registered
131 Posts
2500km so far and..........................................................

no problems to report just joy and happiness.....and super impressed

Let's see if I have to say something badish, my rear will not last another 500km (Dunlop Qualifier Sportmax)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Splatty: being another Brit rider I can relate to what you are saying regarding the weather, however taking it easy and going out for a ride in it will bring the miles up quicker for the supposed spring weather that should be here soon enough and you wont have to worry about still running it in, you can give it some welly with good road conditions.

I am due to pick mine up in the next couple of weeks and plan on doing a trip up north and back to scrub the miles in regardless of the weather, that way when its time she will be fully breathing and open to anything I throw at her.

Russ
I must be a Gremlin.............I'm allergic to the wet.

Just about to bunk off work and put at least 50-100 miles on the clock. :D

·
Banned
236 Posts
thats good to hear when you bunk off work to do sommit ya like :) I cant wait to get mine I fell in love with it as soon as I saw the promo pictures and with the launch party last month it sealed it for me. I have been thinking about another blade for the last few years but when I saw this it was meant to be.

Russ

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have 360 miles on the Blade and no problems to report. Love this bike!

Ok, yeah the paint scratches pretty easily. Gotta be careful about that. And the damn shift light keeps coming on! (still breaking her in :) )

Sorry you brits are having problems with the weather. Sunny for the most part here in SoCal (got sprinkled on briefly the second day I rode her in the twisty bits). Hope to finish breaking her in this Saturday and letting her rip!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The black paint scratches really (too) easy, you have to be beyond careful. I don't like tank bra's and protectors, but I should have put a protector on the day I bought mine.

The battery is very small and it's claimed to be the same one that's in the Metropolitan scooter. Just keep it charged if your not riding it for a while.

Not a big deal, but they aren't making the claimed hp:idunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone had any experience riding in the rain yet. My owners manual cautions against directing the hose at the air intake ducts but don't say anything specific about riding in the rain. What's your take on this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts