Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
bubba said:
bermuda and fescue
And your question is.....................

Is it good in lawns?
Is it a cool season grass?
Is it good for hay?
Will it leave stains on the knees of my Jeans?

Please be a little more specific.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
This company is a leader in the turf industry and will most likely have a local store and know local conditions and state laws regarding herbicide use in your area. Most of the herbicides they carry do not require a license and can be obtained over the counter by consumers. Just explain your situation and they will have a solution to your problem I have used the one in Indianapolis for many years with excellent results on my tree pest issues.

Lesco

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
I have large maple trees. I have no lawn.
If this is due to the shade..Hire an Arborist Not some guy in a pick up truck with an axe and a bow saw. Ask for a crown thinning, which will not hack the tree up and leave stubs and produce emence sucker growth but will alow enough light through the tree to alow grass to grow. You might have to re-seed with a grass that is shade tolerant also.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Take the wheels off of your lawn mower and drag it around, that should reduce the amount of maintenance, there for you get more time to ride :thumb: you can thank me later :D

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hammer said:
If this is due to the shade..Hire an Arborist Not some guy in a pick up truck with an axe and a bow saw. Ask for a crown thinning, which will not hack the tree up and leave stubs and produce emence sucker growth but will alow enough light through the tree to alow grass to grow. You might have to re-seed with a grass that is shade tolerant also.
Thanks! I need to landscape this season anyway because the yard (not surprisingly) is all torn and rutted up from having an addition put on. Actually, the grass isn't too bad under the silver maples. It's the worst under the Norway maple, but I understand that type of maple puts out some sort of chemical that inhibits grass/plant growth. I had one silver topped, which wasn't the best thing for it, but it was dropping huge limbs the size of medium trees anytime we had a storm. I do need a real tree/arborist service, as the infamous silver maple now has a branch way too close to the new addition, and I don't just want the tree hacked.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Thanks! I need to landscape this season anyway because the yard (not surprisingly) is all torn and rutted up from having an addition put on. Actually, the grass isn't too bad under the silver maples. It's the worst under the Norway maple, but I understand that type of maple puts out some sort of chemical that inhibits grass/plant growth. I had one silver topped, which wasn't the best thing for it, but it was dropping huge limbs the size of medium trees anytime we had a storm. I do need a real tree/arborist service, as the infamous silver maple now has a branch way too close to the new addition, and I don't just want the tree hacked.
Is JACKSON, NJ 08527 close to you? If so this guy is a class act, I competed against him in the 99' international Tree climbing competition and he stomped all our arses.Real good guy and knows his stuff.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
sheepofblue said:
there is a way to kill Bermuda weed :eek: I did not think it possible other than roundup (and had my doubts then)
Bermuda grass is actually a desired species in the south. It is used alot on golf course fairways.Once established it is fairly easy to maintain.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have the damn rock garden, what a PAIN IN THE ASS. Weeds are constantly coming up thru there, we even pulled the whole thing up last summer and replaced all the plastic underneath. Whole hell of a lot of good that did us, the mutated killer weeds we have PUNCHED THRU the plastic and started growing again.

And for roundup, forget it, they live for that stuff. :rant:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts