Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live around the 694/494 intersection. Was just wondering who was out there from around here. The member"map" indicates a relatively low number.:thumbd:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that "white stuff" makes turns much more difficult, but with a little determination......:dead:

Riding season is relatively short compared to yours(azz-hole), but I do see quite a few riders out there.

BTW, don't ever move here...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maxib said:
Yeah, technically I'm here, but not near you. However, Mankato is in the same State!
That's only 60-70 miles down 169. Not too far. Any good roads to ride in your area?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RRWANTR said:
I lived there all my life until 4 years ago when I moved out here to CA.....don't regret it a single bit.:cool:
You have an extra room for rent in your house? Oh yeah, and a little space in the garage for my bike?:O

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Lessee...the on and off ramps at the intersection of 169 and 14 aren't too bad, but it's a kinda short ride. However, if you work it just right you can go around the cloverleaf continuously all day!

Seriously, I have to ride into Wisconsin from central MN to get to any really good roads. Might as well go all the way to Michigan for a really nice circuit. Ever hear of Grattan? There might be a spot left on the roster for you!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to agree with you about Wisconsin; much better roads. A lot of the roads there were built around dairy farms where here they are a straight section line roads. I guess that's why I was wondering if you knew of any good roads.

I have seen posts on Grattan, but am unfamiliar of its location in Michigan and what the criteria is to go there. Bike mods, gear, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live in Saint Paul. There are a few things yoou can do if you aren't already. One of them is to head up to the SA at Louisiana and 394. Quite a few sportbikes meet there and ride almost every night usually between 10pm and 11pm. Pretty fun and you will find some good places to ride. The good thing is that a lot of people go there so there is always a ride, some are funner than others, but if you show up you will ride with some people. No planning, no phone calls.

I will warn you though, if you ride with them ride your own ride, do what you think is right. Some of them do crazy stuff and have short life spans. Some are great riders, some are just lucky idiots.
I believe there is also still a track type thing at dakota county community college. I haven't done it. There are motorcycle only 1/4 mile drags at rock falls in wisconsin, they used to have 2 a year (june and sept) this year it is september only. Pretty fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
954inMN said:
I live in Saint Paul. There are a few things yoou can do if you aren't already. One of them is to head up to the SA at Louisiana and 394. Quite a few sportbikes meet there and ride almost every night usually between 10pm and 11pm. Pretty fun and you will find some good places to ride. The good thing is that a lot of people go there so there is always a ride, some are funner than others, but if you show up you will ride with some people. No planning, no phone calls.

I will warn you though, if you ride with them ride your own ride, do what you think is right. Some of them do crazy stuff and have short life spans. Some are great riders, some are just lucky idiots.
I believe there is also still a track type thing at dakota county community college. I haven't done it. There are motorcycle only 1/4 mile drags at rock falls in wisconsin, they used to have 2 a year (june and sept) this year it is september only. Pretty fun.
I live right up Hwy 100 from 394, maybe I'll check it out.
Rock Falls sounds fun. Too bad Brainerd doesn't have anything any more.

Thanks for the reply 954

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dicey hopefully you have this thing on email notify so you'll get this. Found a link for you-

www.ridingcourse.com

This is the Dakota county thing I mentioned. Most of the dates are booked up. I am going to ride down there today and look at it and probably sign up for whatever dates are left. I think that the track will be kind of cheesy compared to most but it is only $90/day. I am guessing it may be better suited to a supermoto but it's local.

To defend Minnesota riding as much as it can be defended, I learned to ride, rode a year or two and then went back to school so I haven't really devoted the time to riding as I could have, there are more opportunities I just haven't had the time to work on them. But the state does have a long winter and there just aren't many tracks around. There HAS to be something at Brainerd through one of the trackday groups or schools.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I just got confirmation for the Sept 16 session. This was the only available time for me when not on call. Although I've been there before with MN-Sportbike several years ago, I'm looking forward to this new to me group and how they run things.

I'll be planning to run up, observe and possibly corner work 07/23/06 just because I have free time. If you see a red ST1300 come over and say 'hi'. 09/16/06 look for the guy and bike in my avatar!

If you are not familiar with DCTC, this is a short technical track used mainly for teaching 18 wheel skills. Cornering and braking practice is just meant for this track, that's why I am going to be there!

See you guys there!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Orono.

If you're interested in riding the pace on the Wisconsin Alphabets roads on the weekends you can usually find a group ride at MN-Sportbike : Minnesota motorcycle riders & rides
Route sheets are used on most rides to make it possible for riders to ride their own ride without having to worry about keeping up, and if the paces of riders who show up are close enough and not too many people show up, people usually wait at the next route change for everyone to show up. Typical pace is 10-20mph over the speed limit on straights and 1.5 to 2+ times the marked speed in turns.

Ray

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I live in Orono.

If you're interested in riding the pace on the Wisconsin Alphabets roads on the weekends you can usually find a group ride at MN-Sportbike : Minnesota motorcycle riders & rides
Route sheets are used on most rides to make it possible for riders to ride their own ride without having to worry about keeping up, and if the paces of riders who show up are close enough and not too many people show up, people usually wait at the next route change for everyone to show up. Typical pace is 10-20mph over the speed limit on straights and 1.5 to 2+ times the marked speed in turns.

Ray
I rode on a few of those rides. Some nice people with mnsportbike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts