Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky, and got a ticket for their concert in Oslo this Wednesday :D :freebird: The show was great, and the guys seemed very happy on stage! They played a lot of the good old stuff.. It rocks BIGTIME! If they visit your town you should go hear/see them :cheers2:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I "heard" them when they were at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando over the summer. The tix were over $85.00, which would've been worth it, but I sat in the parking area and heard it all just fine. They sold out very quickly, I was to late. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I love "old" Metallica. The new stuff is iffy.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Most of what I heard was from the "Master of Puppets" days. Only 1 or 2 new songs in their whole concert. I thought of climbing the walls to get in.:freebird:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
I actually admit to liking both the old AND new Metallica. Nothing gets you more in the mood to dole out a good plungerin' to some Missouri boy than listening to them on the way to work! :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
No matter how much I listen to them, I never thought of "plungerin" any "boy". You, my badge wearing friend, are a twisted phuck! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
i'm with you, nh. i bought the new cd and ended up giving it away :(.

i've seen them twice in concert - while working security. once at Lollapalooza 1996 in Rockingham and again in 2000 when the Summer Sanitarium series came to the Rock. metallica was great at both events. there was a huge rain storm in 2000 that sent most of the concert goers home by the time metallica hit the stage. it was storming in the distance while they performed and it was awesome. imagine seeing them do "Disappear" (right after MI2 came out) while streaks of lighning are lighting up the sky behind them. :freebird:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like Metallica, but I dislike the new cd. I listened to it over and over thinking it would grow on me.. Nope.

I saw them a few years ago in Milwaukee. I think it was for the reload tour.

If you want a great DVD for them, buy "Cunning Stunts."

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
smkeatr said:
No matter how much I listen to them, I never thought of "plungerin" any "boy". You, my badge wearing friend, are a twisted phuck! :D
C'mon now you basement-saver, you know I'm only baiting that feline from Mizzou or his emergency room friend to come out of hiding!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yep got my tickets for when they are here on January 28th. Can't wait.:freebird:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
After listening to their new album...it's time for Metallica to hang it up. Terrible.

The "black album" was the beginning of the end for them. That album started their "radio hits" with more crap to make a complete album, and they forgot how to make good music.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
OSIRIS said:
After listening to their new album...it's time for Metallica to hang it up. Terrible.

The "black album" was the beginning of the end for them. That album started their "radio hits" with more crap to make a complete album, and they forgot how to make good music.
This could not be other than personal stuff, but my humble claim is that Metallica stopped caring about "radio hits/being listener friendly" for a while when they did "Garage". Every album before and after that excluding St. Anger ROCKS in my ears... St Anger is probably a great album,but I feel that they should have continued with the same producer, and doing what they are truly great at. Creating COOL Riffs/beats... Ater listening to St. Anger lots of times i still think it's too "raw" in the sound. Doesn't really matter if you are from OZ.. The only songs from the St. Anger album they played on stage in Oslo was St. anger, dirty windows and frantic.... You have got something to look forward to :cheers2: :freebird:

Edited spelling, No way I left something out:crap: Doubt I'll ever speak /write correct American/English untill i get the chance to stay "over there" for a longer period of time. The only time I've visited your country was when my girlfriend worked at the Norwegian pavillion in EPCOT/Disney Florida. We drove down to the :gay: keys, and had a great time :) This was pre satnav/GPS and we got lost in the shady parts of Miami, but still made it to the "keys" . Had a GOOD time : )

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
OSIRIS said:

I remember hearing the same thing when Justice hit. Its on MTV so now they are all of a sudden a sell out. And while drasticly different from the first 3 albums, it still kicked ass yet IMHO was the turning point for the band. When TBA (the black album) hit it was the same, only now there was a bigger cry from the Justice-era fans. At first listen TBA didnt do it for me, but it has really grown on me. I bought the Load and Reload discs, but by then it just wasnt what I was interested in anymore. Their live concerts continued to rock, I attended every LA show from around 1989 to about 1998 but havent been to one since. FWIW, if you can find a copy of the "Untill it sleeps" cd single, the b side (well, track 2 on a cd) is a pretty cool version of Motorheads Overkill recorded live at Lemmys 50th birthday party at the Whisky. Enough ramblings for now, The issue is that Metallica has evolved as a band, and as much as I love it, the music of their first 3 albums isnt financialy viable today. Old school metal is sadly dead and the bands what played either fell by the wayside or moved on.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Saw them this summer at Giants Stadium. They rocked hard! I agree, the sound of this album is not finished. Its as if they cut it, mixed it and said good enough. Alsmost like listening to A.M. radio. When they played 3 St. Anger songs live.....YEA! Think St. Anger will make a better 'live' album for sure!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
:givefuck: LMAO freq!

I don't blame them for making the "songs" they do today because they want money just like everyone else...but I also think that it's the only motivation behind their band anymore. Nobody starts a metal band with the intention of making millions and it's too bad they don't see that anymore. I'll stick to some old Metallica and new metal bands that kick their ass.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Fire929blade said:
......I feel that they should have continued with the same producer, and doing what they are truly great at. Creating COOL Riffs/beats... Ater listening to St. Anger lots of times i still think it's too "raw" in the sound.

Not sure about the ones in between, but Bob Rock was their producer for the first time on the Black Album and he also produced St. Anger.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
OSIRIS said:

they need to make some money to feed the alcohol problem, so they had to goto mtv land and the radio

1 - 18 of 18 Posts