Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
on my experience with my 929RR 2001 I purchased a stator from electrosport and the thing failed after 50 miles, they replaced the defective stator and this one works just fine.
But if you ask me I will spend 20us more and buy a better brand than ElectroSport, also you may want to replace the 2 pin and 3 pin connectors from the stator to the voltage rectifier as it generates heat/voltage and this can melt the connectors.
Also keyword the gremlins posting as you may want to verify your main wire harness.

Cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will verify the electric diagram for your blade, around here you will find the PDF, but I guess you can solder all of them and then use some sort of silicon/dielectric spray to ensure that water and dust wont touch the connector again. The one electric file is about 1.1 mb so I'm not going to be able to uploaded here write me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
103 Posts
before you take them a part, please look up for the GREMLNS post as they describe more in detail the problems and how to fix it, also e-mail me so I can give you the electric diagram for the 929RR and you can better look how its wired.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Stator seems to be toast...Will any other OEM stator fit my 929? (954? 1000RR?) Id like to get one used since it seems the aftermarket ones aernt much better.
if your stator is standard 3 wire you can rewind it fairly easiy.

i believe the 929 uses 16 or 18 guage wire.. which you can get fro any motor rewind shop fairly cheap

here is a tutorial on how to rewind one

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/ar...-smoked-charging-stator.html?highlight=stator

i rewond the stator that is in my '96 and its been in there since last spring. still looks the same as when i first put it in there, and its not even varnished. if you have any questions please ask, i know my wording was far from precise in that tutorial and i left some gaps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.