Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.. yes I know there must be a million exhaust posts and I just spent half an hour looking through all the arguments about TM vs Akro etc etc. good reading but I have a simple question.. I did my intake flapper mod last week.. and I was just wondering if anyone does anything with that exhaust valve flapper that opens after 6K... any gains in having it open all the time..? Thanx

·
Registered
146 Posts
It will no longer sound like a sewing machine below 5k rpm. It's a free mod to make it sound more aggressive but not obnoxiously loud. Just be sure and leave the servo plugged in or you will get a fault code. Someone on another forum came up with a servo eliminator chip, if you want to completely remove it off the bike and no codes.

Also, be sure the pulley on the servo is rotated back to its original position it was in before you removed the cable or you'll get a code with that, too.

Hey, my first post. :)

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
It will no longer sound like a sewing machine below 5k rpm. It's a free mod to make it sound more aggressive but not obnoxiously loud. Just be sure and leave the servo plugged in or you will get a fault code. Someone on another forum came up with a servo eliminator chip, if you want to completely remove it off the bike and no codes.

Also, be sure the pulley on the servo is rotated back to its original position it was in before you removed the cable or you'll get a code with that, too.

Hey, my first post. :)
:welcome:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well very pleased to read your first post... so now I have something to do on a rainy day tomorrow.. Thanks..

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe the air intake flapper & the exhaust ones are used to comply to noise emission regs but also affect the engine torque delivery & response at lower rpm's. I thinks it is something to do with controlling the back pressure to improve the torque delivery. I am not an expert so don't understand the principle.
There are two valves in the exhaust. The one on the end of a servo driven cable which opens up at around 4000 rpm and another one inside the silencer spring loaded which opens up as a bypass to the smaller bore above 6000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts