Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so by what means (i.e. Website, Book...)

I already know enough to get by, I have a website that I run for the pool team I'm on for schedule and stats and such so its very basic but I want to learn more over the crappy NH winter months.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Mine is currently broke (Python driver needs relinking) but I have zero formal training. It is simple but filled my need. A lot depends on your need. If it is simple HTML I like O'Reilly HTML&XHTML. Most O'Reilly books are great (go to Amazon and check the O'Reily store or their site). There is also good frameworks available but I never had the need. Finally some things are easier with some servers (no I will not start a server war :lilangel:) so I would probably use different tools depending on which server I choose. Oh and I am 95% off the expert mark so listen to others FAR more.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I *guess* I'm self taught. I had some programming classes in college but most of what I learned was on the job either from co-workers or by myself.

Started in .asp (vbscript), javascript, then did a very little VB, now I'm doing C# and asp.net. I also do a lot of xsl and CSS for presentation things.

Like most have said, whatever ou need to know will be on the Internats, so don't waste your money on a book that will be out of date in 6 months.

HD

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I'm not a big fan of WYSIWYG editors. They add so many unnecessary tags. I prefer doing the raw code myself.
Yeah, raw code is best. But for those learning, WYSIWYG editors can help teach the code. Once they become proficient they can just use a textpad editor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts