Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years with the RF900 and getting a painful red forehead after several hours, I've finally decided to break down and get a "long oval" Arai Profile after doing the measurements and realizing my head is very not a Shoei shape.

Can any of you who went from a Shoei to an Arai comment on what you had to get for sizing? Dealers that carry the Profile model seem to be scarce around me and I would prefer not going mail order in this case if that's what it takes to get the right size and be rid of the pain.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure if it helps, but I wear a large Shoei RF1000. I tried on a new Aria Corsair V at the motorcycle show this winter and it was sized the same. Large is the size i needed in that one. The fit was very similar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently tried on both a new Shoei and Aria at a dealer. The med. Shoei fit but I needed a large Aria. I would advise to go and try one on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I did end up finding a local dealer with these in stock and the large Profile seemed like a good fit so I bought one. I will probably need to get smaller cheekpads, though. No forehead pain yet, but I haven't done a longer ride with it yet.

It's damn sure packing more vents than anything else I've ever worn. Wow!

I haven't tried taking the shield off yet. Lol. I think I'll watch the included training video a few times first. :D

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I've still got my Shoei XR-1000, but when it's time to get a new one, I intend on getting a Arai Viper. I tried one on at a shop recently and it fits better, also feels lighter on the head. Size small on both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts