Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there

Dont know if any SA guys are still lurking around.
I just found this site and its awesome.

Im from SA, Johannesburg - East Rand
I bought my first bike 3weeks ago
2001 honda 929 - what an amazing bike

Hope to hear from you guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice biker girl
From where are you? Are you going to the Rhino Rally?
Its going to be huge. I cant wait.

What bike do you have?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hallo all you fast people, my name is Gerhard and I am from Pretoria. I just bought my Repsol 2005 on Friday 5 Oct 07. Traded in my VFR800 for it. So far I am impressed and cannot wait to ride every day. I also planned for the Rhino until my wife reminded me that it is my daughters birthday the 27th:doh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gerhardus, yeah you telling me...im the same with my bike everyday i race home to get on my bike and just ride. I would have also gone to the Rhino but my friends decide to have my bachelors that weekend.....so no rhino for me.

Biker girl saved up for that 600 its gonna be an amazing experience.

Enjoy the week people and save riding

·
Registered
12 Posts
You bet bro. I just joined myself. Just bought my second 929 after writing off my previous one after a mere 3 weeks :wstupid: . I live in Vredenburg, that's right, WEST COAST RULES :bowtome:

·
Registered
154 Posts
No. I would like to but I live in the UK now. I am going to be in Jo'burg the last week of May and first week of June. Do you know of any events at Kyalami during that time as I will be staying quite nearby in Fourways?:)
Well i search but the calender for 2008 is not out yet.When you come over let me know i stay in Fourways in a matter of fact my wife is from the UK.To be exact its Southport her mom is still there.Being there once last Christmas but your winter is not for me.So come and grab a bike and lets go for a breakfast run.Will keep you updated with the calender.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I live in Strand, Western Cape. The roads in WC is just amazing!!! Four major mountain passes in one breakfast ride ;-)

You guys from Cape Town, have you ever got together for a ride / trip? I notice quite a few Blades down here in WC, lets meet for a ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi ghisallolite

It is very nice to here that the WC is such a wonderful place, I however will have to settle for Gauteng and environment. Hope you will have the best rides ever and that you meet a lot of friends to ride with.

Go well and remember, real men serve Jesus!:smilierr:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi there from sunny south africa

well i must admit i also stay in gangster paradise.i was i cape around june you have the best roads.so enjouy your roads and hope you find guys here

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI Gerhardus501 & marius,

thx for the replies. I do enjoy the roads down here in WC a lot. Unfortunately one of my riding buddies managed to write-off two GSX1000's (K3 & K5) in three months. Now the insurance co.'s don't want to provide insurance any more.

I find the Blade more stable on public roads and much easier to ride fast on 'normal' roads. This helps, especially if the scenery around the coastal roads are so breath taking. That being said I do prefer the quieter winding country roads. You can easily empty 1 or 2 fual tanks on these back roads ;-)

How's the ridinging in Gauteng? I visit GP quiete often on buss. and find the traffic 'choking'. I do how ever appreciate the local gov.'s efforts to make motorists aware of bikes with the huge electronic info boards (N1). Where do you guys go for your ride-outs?

I am contemplating more track time to explore the capabilities of the Blade and myself.

Cheers,

PS. all the gear all the time ;-)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi ghisallolite

I have just been so Mpumalanga and rode from Pretoria to Tzaneen to Graskop to Sabie to Nelspruit to Haziview to Graskop to Pilgrim's Rest to Lydenburg to Sabie to Nelspruit and back to Pretoria. On Saturday alone I did 370 Kms in the mountains with the best twisties known to us down here. This I will recommend to everybody and the environment is so beautiful and green with all the rain that we recently got and still getting.

You must come and visit, it is a must for all bikers!

Ride safely

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Gerhardus501,
I've been to Blyderivierspoort and Pilgrim's Rest last year, unfortunately without my bike, but I did notice the fine riding opportunities you guys have there. I told myself that I must add this area to my 'to ride' list rather sooner than later. Long Tom Pass is also in that area? Would you say that a sports tourer would be a better bike or a superbike? I base my question on the assumption that the roads are quite bumpy and a superbike would be too nervous around those twisties?

While contemplating new year's resolutions, I think one should definately be to do a tour up to MP via GP to include all the best twisties and mountain passes in MP. Maybe 7 to 14 days of touring from and to CTN and playing in the mountains. Can you recommend a few worthwhile stops and accommodation in the area?

·
Registered
9 Posts
All the way from the West Rand.

Gerhardus501 - you have my vote. I hardly miss the Paradise rally and also spend a least a week per year in ET just to go riding. Spent the week between Xmas and new year in the lowveld. Did 1700km in 4 days just doing the loops between Blydepoort, graskop, sabie, pelgrims, lydenburg (long tom), wit rivier, hazyview etc etc.

Stunning place for biking

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes wonderful, good to hear from you pitstop.

We can meet perhaps in Graskop with the Paradise rally?

You are absolutely right, a stunning place for biking indeed!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi ghisallolite,
Yes Long Tom Pass is in the area. From Lydenburg you take the road strait to Sabie and just outside Lydenburg Long Tom Pass starts. One awesome Pass to ride!

Both sports tourer and superbike would be nice, I rode the VFR800 and enjoyed it so much but then I got the 2005 CBR1000RR Repsol and it is perhaps even better and nicer with the superbike. There is definitely bad spots but quit noticeable and anyone in the vicinity would recommend the best routes around there. Most roads there is not bumpy and a paradise for any superbike.

I promise to come back to you with a list of places for accommodation shortly and sorry for the late reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just be careful on Long Tom. If is a lovely pass for touring, but not for setting speed records - that pass is the number one killer in the lowveld. The minute you get complacent on that pass it will kill you.

21 - 40 of 141 Posts