Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Howzit guys? Representing the North ... Of the South ... Of the middle of nowhere ... Haha. Tzaneen Limpopo born and bred. Hopefully see some of you on the tar when my Blade is back together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined forum a few days ago to read up on sp2's.
And bought one today, 28000km '03 Colin Edwards Lugana Seca rep, power cmd and yoshi and ohlin steering damper.
Somerset West to Clarence drive to Bot River to Franschhoek next week!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
HOwzit Tjommas!

Pretoria East! 1000RR9 and LOVE it!
Been blasting blades since '99!

Jealous of all you ou's in EC, got such AWESOME tar out there, tannie helen looks after that stuff! Going to do econorun on the 17th in EC, 38000km and all!

Be well and safe!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey there, :)

Another Cape Town rider here. Stay in Table View.

Just pulled my 900rr out of winter hibernation and looking forward to the summer rides to Franschhoek.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yet another south african to join the mix.

I am from Rustenburg North west. :p looking forward to good conversations on this forum.

I wonder if you gents can help me seeing as you are all from S.A. VFR 400 NC30 or CBR 400RR NC29 whisch one should i take?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Phenomenon.APG,

Good to see a few SA's. I think it depends on what you prefer. The CBR is an inline four while the vfr has a V-four. I think there are more spares available for the vfr in SA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well had a look around and found a CBR 400RR NC23 with just over 20 000 kms on the clock that I might buy tomorrow. They guy wants 18k for it, is that a bit steep? keeping in mind that this guy sells on behalf of others. I am considering offering him 16k and seeing how we can haggle from there. any thoughts on the matter?

here are links to the pics:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/PhenomenonAPG/CBR400RR NC23/IMG-20120928-00435.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/PhenomenonAPG/CBR400RR NC23/IMG-20120928-00432.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/PhenomenonAPG/CBR400RR NC23/IMG-20120928-00430.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/PhenomenonAPG/CBR400RR NC23/IMG-20120928-00428.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/PhenomenonAPG/CBR400RR NC23/IMG-20120928-00427.jpg

If you could tell me what you think it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had a look on Gumtree and the price seems about average for a cbr/vfr 400 and the pics (other than the rusty chain) look okay however you will need to give it a good ride and see how she feels. I know the cbr400 needs to be ridden quite hard in order to feel any power. If the milage is correct then it is pretty low at least. If you are not in a hurry to buy I would not buy just yet and watch gumtree closely for a 600cc rather. You often find very good deals. I picked up my 1999 model cbr900 for R28 000. Good luck with the bike search!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks for the advice. as for the rusty chain I plan on checking if it is just surface or deeper. I am not too fussy about going fast, I am only 18 and looking for a bike thtI can use after High school and through varsity. looked at plenty of 125's but i need something that i can use to commute to and from pta every now and again. 400 for me appeals alot and i believe i do not have the experience to ride a 600(or the self discipline for that matter). rather going to play it safe for now and will see what happens after that. Dankie baie vir die hulp:thumb::hero:

·
Registered
35 Posts
No probs mate. You can simply change the chain and two sprockets. They have a limited life span anyway. The previous owner may have let the bike stand for a long time or they never lubricated the chain... I am sure a cbr 400 will be a great bike for your needs. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Feels good to know that there are guys out there who are able to help new guys like me. Could you perhaps give me a rough price on a chain and sprocket set? Also, does one buy specific sprockets for your bike or is it a standard size?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am not too sure about your bikes prices. The sizes are standard but you can chose what size/setup you want according to how you would like the bike to perform (acceleration preffered to top end or visa versa) You can go to a place like Startline or any other motorcycle spares store (all will have the two sprockets and chain.) Just ask them for a price on a standard setup. After you have used the standard setup, then you will have an idea of if you want to change to bigger/smaller sprockets. The sprockets are cheap, maybe a couple of hundred for both. The chain might be a bit more. I think my chain cost about R800 but I think yours might be less than that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GPGold! Nice blade there mate! Still got a 16in. on the front?

Phenomenon, If you can look for an NC35 RVF. That's the winner. Also uses a 17 inch on the rear and not the 18. Performance should be better than the cbr and the nc30.

Had one as a commuter a while ago, AWESOME bike, upside down forks and all! And there's no issues with cam chains and all the tensioner crap that goes with. The V4 is bulletproof!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
well gents i bought the 400. am signing the papers this afternoon :) pics are here but am going to add to the other chain about 400RR. She looks great for nowbut going to replace the rear tyre soon.

81 - 100 of 141 Posts