Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
@ slim59E, Thanks bro. been working on her for the past three years. I have just had the whole bike apart to have the frame powdercoated black so it looks a bit different now. Yes it still has the original wheel. Was considering a 17' conversion but I honestly dont have an issue with how it handles so think I will keep the 16.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well gents i bought the 400. am signing the papers this afternoon :) pics are here but am going to add to the other chain about 400RR. She looks great for nowbut going to replace the rear tyre soon.
Awesome bro:thumb: Enjoy it and ride safe!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome bro:thumb: Enjoy it and ride safe!
already working on it:) going to get her in my name morrow morning. Found a nice piece or road that isnt being used anymore for practicing my pull-aways and braking also has a decent incline so i am learning better than on the flat. quick question(slightly off topic but i think i will get a response here rather than elsewhere) when at lower speeds 9say up to about 35km) how safe is it to use the rear brake or shoul i use the front brake only? just to find out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
already working on it:) going to get her in my name morrow morning. Found a nice piece or road that isnt being used anymore for practicing my pull-aways and braking also has a decent incline so i am learning better than on the flat. quick question(slightly off topic but i think i will get a response here rather than elsewhere) when at lower speeds 9say up to about 35km) how safe is it to use the rear brake or shoul i use the front brake only? just to find out.
I am sure the practice will help a lot with your riding as well as getting to know your new bike.

As for using the rear brake at low speeds. I personally use my front brakes as my main stopping force and add a bit of rear as well, even at slower speeds. It makes me feel more in control. However I have heard other, more experienced riders say that the rear brake should be used more as a parking brake, like when you are waiting for the red light to change...so I dont know if its right or wrong to use it while moving but it works for me:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am sure the practice will help a lot with your riding as well as getting to know your new bike.

As for using the rear brake at low speeds. I personally use my front brakes as my main stopping force and add a bit of rear as well, even at slower speeds. It makes me feel more in control. However I have heard other, more experienced riders say that the rear brake should be used more as a parking brake, like when you are waiting for the red light to change...so I dont know if its right or wrong to use it while moving but it works for me:cool:

Thats pretty awesome man, I wish Rustenburg had a larger motorcycle community though, could do with advice like this in person too. My dad stays in the UK doing the blackbird thing so he helps alot aswell. thanks man, shall post tonight how it goes, might even add a pic :p :woohoo:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Last night I sent four e-mails out since I've got the itch to work on my baby again. They went to four Honda dealers asking for a referral to a department with a diagnostics machine capable of accurately reading my 929s ECM. Got a reply from Mark Yon who got me on the phone with a guy named Braam(not sure his surname). This is probably the first Honda representative that I've found truly helpful in this country. Hats off to Honda Auto Menlyn!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last night I sent four e-mails out since I've got the itch to work on my baby again. They went to four Honda dealers asking for a referral to a department with a diagnostics machine capable of accurately reading my 929s ECM. Got a reply from Mark Yon who got me on the phone with a guy named Braam(not sure his surname). This is probably the first Honda representative that I've found truly helpful in this country. Hats off to Honda Auto Menlyn!

Hey 929M,

Whats the issue with the ECU? I have also been asking about the HDS system, but it appears there is not a dealer in the country that has one. As for reading the fault codes and clearing them it's a piece of cake! I know Braam @ MEnlyn, really good guy.

If you're based in GP, I'd be more than happy to help out with issues, if you have any! PM if you need!

S

·
Registered
76 Posts
ECM registers HISS and primes but refuses to give spark. No trouble clearing the fault codes, I've a manual and fairly familiar with this particular model.

Problem is I've tested my harness to the point of frustration but I can't find a problem and for some reason the fault code for the IPG does not show when IPG is disconnected (others seem fine, getting correct warning for disconnecting injectors and so forth). Manual says IPG should gen > 0.7 V and I get 1.3 on a multimeter when cranking the starter..

I'll add you, new contacts are always welcome. Thank you. Based in the stix though ... Magoebaskloof Limpopo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Surely I shouldn't need to? If the HISS clears the fuel prime then it's not the problem. See this is the exact nature of my problem, when you're testing a harness and ECM with simple tools then it's always just speculation that the problem is somewhere you haven't thought to test... But what if you've literally tasted everything more than once? ... I need that computer diagnosis. This is an ECM that has bn purchased second hand, I have never seen it working. As for my others, they have their own problems. I will not be buying a new one though, CARMO in the Netherlands can handle my problems but then I have to pay through my arse for shipping and then have to pay them in Euro.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ja ... ECM from the Cape, one bike from Kimberly and mine partially restored after my accident, also have an American ECM and harness but the guys at Moto Psycho had a go at putting it into the Kimberly bike and now there's no prime or spark on that ECM, they outsourced to some auto-elec company in the area(ATM I think) when they couldn't get it right so I'm not sure who screwed that up.

The local ECM has been on both bikes along with the throttle grip and starter switch(because I only have one) and fuel pump(which works but I also only have one because after six months Moto Psycho still can't pull their finger out of their arse and send my parts back.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
HI, I was robbed of all my Keys, bought a second hand ECM with one key on e bay R 3000 incl Shipping. plugged in and started first kick.Still have the old ECM and HSS ignition, No Key. Any ideas on getting a replacement key would be great.Honda was going to install all new @ R15000. Would like to sell this ECM to try recover some of my expense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I am from Pretoria, new to the site and the bike. Bought a 1993 CBR 900 RR in mint condition, 36k on the clock and 99.9% original. Love this mornings ride in sunny SA

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't suppose anyone knows Andy from cape town? Used to have a black zx10r, resprayed it to kwakker green?

That be the uncle :p

101 - 120 of 141 Posts