Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
You are talking about the mirrors I take it...

Honestly, I think they are pointless. At the current moment in time I at times have to shift my body (my arms & shoulders) to allow me to see in my rear view mirrors (thats the problem with being broad) and I don't think I would have any hope in hell looking into them - maybe to check my eye brows but thats about it.

I think they should be removed - but again, each to their own.

Have you got them on yours?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No and I didnt want to highjack the other thread. I want to take mine off and I just turn and look anyways.
I'm broad to, but I'll get a ticket without them soooo, I was just wondering, not if you can see well with them, just do they look good on the bike, easy to install, ect.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Ahh now I understand.

I take it that its a law over there to have mirrors - over here you don't need them (makes a better rider IMO as you are forced to check).

I should imagine that they use the OEM mounting holes, best to check with who makes them... Unless someone on here has them...?

Why not look into getting after market broader mirrors? How about getting the mirrors which attach to your bar end? A lot of street fighters have them (not sure if they clash with your law)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the ones on the bar ends are, umm not really my thing.

But yeah I was just checking to see what other folks thought.

As far as what they say "you can see great behind you and to the side'.

But I'm not buying that, just picking some brains.

Though I like the look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a set on my bike for about a week. Visibility is garbage. You can only see whats next to you in the other lane. No rear reflection at all. They look neat, but thats about the extent of it. I went back to stock. Save your money.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i don't have mirrors, been pulled over lots of times, never got a ticket. as for the pig spotters they suck. i had them on my busa which has a wider front end than my 929 and i still couldnt see ****. the plus side is they look pretty trick and mount up in the factory holes.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
save your money and time.. if you really don't want the stock mirrors there get some block offs, most of the time cops won't say anything about them. if you get a ticket put your stockers back on to beat the ticket then switch them back out..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool. thanks to all for the info, I'll find something else.

Dick Hurtz, its the state patrol that are anal about those little things.
Took the ones off my 1000 and woop woop wsp on my ass, asking why I dont have mirrors.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a pair of Targa's. I think the models I was looking at are called Monza's.

Oh and I like the way the pig spotters look. I also like the no mirror look, but the local popo's don't.

Thier web site with other models:
Power Search

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Cool. thanks to all for the info, I'll find something else.

Dick Hurtz, its the state patrol that are anal about those little things.
Took the ones off my 1000 and woop woop wsp on my ass, asking why I dont have mirrors.
Is it actually a law or are the cops that bored?

Can't you say that it improves your riding abilities as you are not relying on your mirrors as they have blind spots which could (if not checked) lead to accidents and actually more paper work for them?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The state trooper said its the law, but I had just moved to WA from Florida and had out of state plates. So he was cool enough just to give me a warning.

FYI State Patrol are way more anal, than county cops or local PD officers.

Not trying to be rude if anyboby on here is State Patrol. Half my family are LEO and I know it a hard job so thanks.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts