Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking and there are plenty for 98-99 and scotts makes one for 96-97, but no one makes one for 93-95. As a matter of fact I can't find anything but a side mount damper. I wanted a top mount but after searching got interseted in the rotary. But I can't find either for a 94 bike. I didn't think the bikes were that much different. Anybody can help?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I fitted a Shindy to my '93. It goes across the bike in front of the forks just under the ignition switch.

Mike (CTSMoto) said he makes custom mounts for the rotary damper to fit the early 'blades.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Why would you want a dirt bike damper?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Custom900 said:
The upper triple trees and the fork diameter are slightly different. They changed in 1996.
The damper installs on the center triple nut. would it be the same. I've also established that the rotary dampers mount to the front tank bolts and the older bikes have 1 hole and the newer have 2.

I do have a 97 tank on my bike so I'm not sure what I'll do :idunno:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
yellaboi said:
I've also established that the rotary dampers mount to the front tank bolts and the older bikes have 1 hole and the newer have 2.

I do have a 97 tank on my bike so I'm not sure what I'll do :idunno:
If you have already drilled and tapped the bolt holes for the 1997 tank you should be OK then. Get the damper for the 1997 model.

(I forgot all about the mounting bolts on the tank)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Custom900 said:
If you have already drilled and tapped the bolt holes for the 1997 tank you should be OK then. Get the damper for the 1997 model.

(I forgot all about the mounting bolts on the tank)
jus like wat my fren did, he is ridin a 98 model CBR 900. Same as mine, he install a ohlins damper. it a side mount..nid to drill in to main frame of the bike.

the first pic will make u understand..
2nd pic is my bike

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Murphy said:
very nice.....hw did u do tat..
can explain more
There's a guy selling them on ebay. The damper is marketed under the name of Shindy. It is low cost. The finish isn't too bad, but it ain't a precision instrument. The ball joint on the body clamp has quite a bit of play in it, that may be by design though. Both joints have tiny grease nipples, I have yet to fill them with grease.

Everything needed was in the kit. The instructions were reasonably clear - written in Engrish. It was fitted in about an hour.

The sellers name is streetacc, he is fairly new. But he left feedback right after I paid and his shipping cost was very fair.

I had to determine the Shindy part number of the damper from the application charts to match make, model and year. Then find a listing for that part number.

EDIT: Almost forgot. A sponsor here, Todd at Cal-Sportbike also sells these Shindy dampers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AMTFGH said:
There's a guy selling them on ebay. The damper is marketed under the name of Shindy. It is low cost. The finish isn't too bad, but it ain't a precision instrument. The ball joint on the body clamp has quite a bit of play in it, that may be by design though. Both joints have tiny grease nipples, I have yet to fill them with grease.

Everything needed was in the kit. The instructions were reasonably clear - written in Engrish. It was fitted in about an hour.

The sellers name is streetacc, he is fairly new. But he left feedback right after I paid and his shipping cost was very fair.

I had to determine the Shindy part number of the damper from the application charts to match make, model and year. Then find a listing for that part number.

EDIT: Almost forgot. A sponsor here, Todd at Cal-Sportbike also sells these Shindy dampers.

Tks alot bro...but i would like to get scotts damper...but my fren say top mount no gd cos is nt as gd as side mount....holdin on to the forks rather than the top mount...

i drool when i saw the scotts damper on a 919...is so beatiful...hmmz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts