Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I was involved in an accident that caused my bike to slide on its right side for about 20 feet or so. I am just now getting around to fixing it(had to order parts, etc...) and cannot get it to start. When I hit the start button, the starter relay clicks over just fine but the bike will not turn over. I tested the wire going from the starter relay to the starter motor and everything there seems to be fine. I tried all of this on a fully charged battery. My question is, is it possible that the impact of the bike falling on the ground could have ruined the starter??? This seems very unlikley to me. Has anybody here had to replace a starter before, and how do you know its bad?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
the battery could still be bad i think, even though it shows a full charge, i think

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
It is possible that the crash locked the starter motor, just as a starter motor can get "frozen". You could smack it with a rubber mallet to see if it frees up. If it is indeed bad, starters are a piece of cake to replace.

It is more likely that something else is the culprit, though. Check your battery and the starter directly from the battery to rule things out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts