Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide which one to get. Most people are buying the black here and the dealers only have the silver or red now and I know I don't care for the red. Don't want 2 red bikes.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hmm... are you sure that Champion doesn't have a silver? They did a few days ago. Kenny would probably tear open a crate for you if he has one in the warehouse :idunno:

·
Registered
554 Posts
GhostRider said:
Everyone knows that the red one goes faster ;)
Uh, oh, here we go again with "The red ones go faster"...."No they don't the black ones are the fastest" thread!!!!!!!

The black CBR1000RR doesn't appeal to me at all. I like the red one....if they would get rid of the "gray primer" and extend the red to the fairing lowers.
The silver one looks very nice, much better in real life than in the pics.....although I think it too should have its silver paint extended to the fairing lowers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
allred said:
Uh, oh, here we go again with "The red ones go faster"...."No they don't the black ones are the fastest" thread!!!!!!!

The black CBR1000RR doesn't appeal to me at all. I like the red one....if they would get rid of the "gray primer" and extend the red to the fairing lowers.
The silver one looks very nice, much better in real life than in the pics.....although I think it too should have its silver paint extended to the fairing lowers.

Come on now.....it is common knowlege that yellow isn't made anymore because it was too fast.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen all 3 a couple of times and could not decide on the black or silver. After a few beers last night I was looking into the gallery pics and saw the one of Conqs bike and knew I had to have the black one. Only problem is that the one my dealeer has, is sold and there is a silver one sitting right next to it. I am also concerned with what everybody is saying about the paint quality. I have always had black vehicles and never had any problems. Just wondering if I would with this bike.

·
Registered
122 Posts
lucky4928 said:
I can't decide which one to get. Most people are buying the black here and the dealers only have the silver or red now and I know I don't care for the red. Don't want 2 red bikes.
I hate all the colors this year.. if I had to choose it be the all black one.. but my 2 cents they did a horrible job this year with color and the color fairing selection.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got my silver and LOVE it. There was 2 red and a black next to it so I saw them all up close. The red was nice but the silver looked way better for my tastes. The black had fingerprints all over it and smudges. Looks like a nightmare to keep clean. And it looks plain IMHO. I love my bike, the only thing I hate is having to get matching gear :p
roadrash929 said:
I hate all the colors this year.. if I had to choose it be the all black one.. but my 2 cents they did a horrible job this year with color and the color fairing selection.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Duke said:
I got my silver and LOVE it. There was 2 red and a black next to it so I saw them all up close. The red was nice but the silver looked way better for my tastes. The black had fingerprints all over it and smudges. Looks like a nightmare to keep clean. And it looks plain IMHO. I love my bike, the only thing I hate is having to get matching gear :p
Stick with black/silver/gray gear like I finally decided to do. Then it'll go with anything.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Stick with black/silver/gray gear like I finally decided to do. Then it'll go with anything.
All Im missing now is a set of 2 piece silver/black or grey leathers. I have the Honda red/black 2 piece and Im gonna sell them soon. But I need to keep them until Sept so I can get 1-3 trackdays in, after that I go to IRAQ :whine: when(if) I get back I will get new leathers. I already got new gloves and textile jacket but now need leathers :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for posting that Conq. Nic pic. Are you having any regret's about the black paint. Notice any scratches? Still look good in the sun?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts