Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

I'm buying a bolt on pipe for my 929 when i get my next paycheck I am considering the following brands: Micron, but i think they are a bit 'small'..
Akrapovic, looks and sounds great... But is very expensive here in Norway.. How does 5385 Kroner/ 786 U.S. $ sound for a Ti Bolt on??
Remus 'revolution' .. This looks fresh, and i think the quality/finish is good.. My problem is that i have never heard what kind of sound it makes...

Please post if you have any info on the Remus pipe

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My buddy has a remus bolt on his ducati. sounds throaty and a little loud for my taste. I prefer the sounds of akrapovic and erion pipes. If you like throaty slightly louder pipes then remus not a bad choice. Look into Harris cans I hear they are made in Europe and are good pipes.

Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a 929 with a micron titanium can on it. Sounds pretty good, was so pleased with the sound I couldn't help myself but rev it thru the rev range.

I think it was around 800 AUD but it part of an insurance job.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Dre : I've got a 929 with a micron titanium can on it.  Sounds pretty good, was so pleased with the sound I couldn't help myself but rev it thru the rev range.  

Uh oh, does stegen have a revving partner??

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
cnynrdr : My buddy has a remus bolt on his ducati. sounds throaty and a little loud for my taste. I prefer the sounds of akrapovic and erion pipes. If you like throaty slightly louder pipes then remus not a bad choice. Look into Harris cans I hear they are made in Europe and are good pipes.

Good luck
Your comparing apples and oranges, because any pipe is going to sound more 'throaty' on a v-twin. On my old 929, my Remus pipe was actually less throaty sounding (higher pitched) than Akra, Erion, Jardine, Micron, Hindle, and Leo Vince (all the pipes I was able to compare it to in person).

·
Registered
684 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Dre @ May 21 2003, 8:45pm)I've got a 929 with a micron titanium can on it.  Sounds pretty good, was so pleased with the sound I couldn't help myself but rev it thru the rev range.  

Uh oh, does stegen have a revving partner??  

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey! Thanks for all the replies

I'm leaning more and more towards the Micron titanium bolt on pipe. I know it won't give me any huge power gains, but I think the bike is quite powerful in stock form, and I know that i'm not capable of using all the power available..

One of the nice features of the Micron pipe is the way it is assembled. Ought to be a breeze to 'repack'?

I read a slip-on/bolt on test in a Scandinavian bike mag, and the Micron pipe was the loudest..Not sure if i like that. It's nice to be able to run throgh the city without pissing everybody off.. The pipes were tested on a GSX-R1000

Here are the dB numbers of the pipes:

Akra 97
Arrow 94
BOS 93
G-force 101
BSM 102
Hindle 98
Ixil 95
Jardine 100
Laser 94
Leo Vince 96
Micron 108
Mig 97
Remus 100
Yoshimura 97

The noise tests were performed at 5500 rpm and the listed number are the average of 3 runs/measurements.
I suspect something was wrong with the Micron that were tested?? 108 dB is quite alot compared to 100 isn't it?

Looks like spring finally has hit Norway I like it alot!!!!

ENJOY!!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Hi, Fire

Did that article happen to mention how loud the stock pipe was under those circumstances ?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I'm kinda surprised the Micron was so loud. My Micron was never the loudest pipe at the track by any stretch.

Anyway, the quality and build of the Micron is very good, but the Remus' I've seen are also pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts