Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the exception of 2007 Fireblade owners, I cannot find one 2008 CBR1000RR rider who ever complained about hearing a faint, but noticable "Valve Chatter" around 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm taking off from a stop light. It doesn't even have to be valve chatter, perhaps an engine knock or ping. The only person who has ever complained there bike was possibly knocking is me. When taking off from a stoplight, I hear a noticable what seems like engine knocking, keys jingling under tank noise, but again nobody except me has ever complained. If this is true I guess i am the most unlucky guy. Would like to see a show of hands if anybody can concurr

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think most blade owners launch theirs at 3000 rpm or above and most likely will not relate to what I hear. The way I take off is like an automatic transmission and been told bikes are not designed to pull from that low.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I take off from whatever speed it was idling at - 1250 rpm, or something close to that. When cruising local roads with other traffic I try to keep it at around 4k rpm to not annoy anyone and also not attract any unwanted attention from bored cops.

Anyway, no, I do not notice any strange noises coming from my 08 1kRR. Did you give up trying to find help with this on the other forum?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take off from whatever speed it was idling at - 1250 rpm, or something close to that. When cruising local roads with other traffic I try to keep it at around 4k rpm to not annoy anyone and also not attract any unwanted attention from bored cops.

Anyway, no, I do not notice any strange noises coming from my 08 1kRR. Did you give up trying to find help with this on the other forum?
Well it looks like I am one unlucky owner. Nobody except me has this problem. I know others has burning oil issues, mine burns about 1/2 quart per 1000 miles but recently hasn't burned a drop. I would guess yours probably does makes a noise but you probably don't pay that close attention to it. If mine was really knocking, it would be getting more severe by now. Others I have spoken to, did have same jingling under tank.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a 2007 with the same noise. i took it into the shop and they told me that they all sound like that i hope they're right if you found something different i would like to know thanks
Been told the same thing but the mechanic that rode my bike could not articulate what it was other than to tell me they all do the same thing. The valve chatter is low intensity, only herd between 1500 and 2500 rpm and even if I get on the throttle hard it never gets louder so that is the only reason I conclude it is not pinging.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could it be the sound of your injectors ticking. That's what I hear on my 07 krr
Mar, someone told me that could be what I am hearing. They said injectors can sound like valves clattering. To be more exact, between 1500 and 2500 rpm, taking off it sounds like keys jingling under tank and the cadence is about as fast as you can read "Tick" tick" tick' Tick, The tick noise sounds metallic, it is barely audible, and the only person that can hear it is the rider usually. don't know if yours sounds like that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well it looks like I am one unlucky owner. Nobody except me has this problem. I know others has burning oil issues, mine burns about 1/2 quart per 1000 miles but recently hasn't burned a drop. I would guess yours probably does makes a noise but you probably don't pay that close attention to it. If mine was really knocking, it would be getting more severe by now. Others I have spoken to, did have same jingling under tank.
I'm almost tempted to take a road trip and meet you halfway betwen Chicago and St. Louis some Saturday or Sunday to hear this noise and see if it's any different than the rest of the 08's. Anyone else in your area have one?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm almost tempted to take a road trip and meet you halfway betwen Chicago and St. Louis some Saturday or Sunday to hear this noise and see if it's any different than the rest of the 08's. Anyone else in your area have one?
The only thing I can say is if you cannot hear it on your bike at all, then I must be the only one of few that this is happening to. But then again there has been others who said they also heard jingling noise. oh well

·
Registered
2 Posts
I experience the exact same thing. I have a 09 CBR1000 but mechanically it is the same as 08. I have always thought it was a pinging noise due to the fact that I put on a Jardine can without adding a fuel management system. Only happens at lower rpm though, but occurs even with only 30% throttle. I have just put in a PCV to see if symptoms disappear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I experience the exact same thing. I have a 09 CBR1000 but mechanically it is the same as 08. I have always thought it was a pinging noise due to the fact that I put on a Jardine can without adding a fuel management system. Only happens at lower rpm though, but occurs even with only 30% throttle. I have just put in a PCV to see if symptoms disappear.
My blade still makes that noise regardless. I have a Two Brothers slip on and a juice box fuel management and still makes that noise. Am convinced it is normal and was told by dealer nothing to worry about

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your input because it has been troubling me. Even with the Power Commander I still hear it - but admittedly all I did was ride it back from its dyno session, and I still need to take it for a proper run :). At any rate I suppose I should put it out of mind and conclude that the jingles are just a characteristic of the bike. Just glad to know that I'm not the only one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.