Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on a 954???

http://www.auctmarts.com/auctmarts1/1/f/8/IMG_6158.JPG

I'm all set to order up some aftermarkets, read all of what I can here, and decided on the Redtop/black bottom OE style until I saw these.

They are different from every 954 I see but I've Googled and found nothing. I'd kinda ike to see what they might look like on a 954 before I plop down.

We all know what the OE Red/Black look like so that's a given.

Thanks!,
Ivan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow...54 views and nobody??

Ive been emailing them every couple days asking a boatload of questions. I'm going to have them "custom paint" a set of 954 skins to match the VRossi design on the 1000rr sets that they sell.
The previous pic shows their version (which is ok, but doesn't really cut the mustard for me after seeing the real ones up close.)

So here is an idea of what I'm gonna be ordering up from them:http://www.auctmarts.com/auctmarts1/1/d/20/P1010077_nEO_IMG.jpg

And I'm sure that there will be some differences since the 1000rr plastics and the 954 plastics are different. And I'll be having to paint my tank and putting a vinyl sticker on it since we 954 guys dont have tank covers. So just try to visualize what the scheme will look like on a set of 954 plastics.

Lemme know what y'all think if you would at least.

Thanks,
Ivan

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I hope it doesn't come out like the first pic and say "erformance"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats another reason why I wanted the 1000rr style...the 954 style looked like it was made by a 7th grader..

I'm hoping that it comes out really close to the 1000rr style but hell for 550 shipped, what can you really expect??

-Ivan

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
You're always going to be taking a chance with the 'fit' and quality with stuff like that. You're better off taking it to a garage asssured of completeing the job to a high standard. Lots of people have ordered as you are thinking of and are very happy. Hell I was going to after dropping the Repsol, but I decided it was'nt worth taking the chance on spending a healthy amount of cash on something that could turn out to look fantastic, or, turn out to be a nightmare waste of time and money.

My advice would be to get someone who really 'knows' what they're doing with a spray gun and with plastic mouldings for bikes and let them have a crack at it. Let us know what you decide and the results.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts