Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was a pretty good boy on Thanksgiving, but -holy balls!- did I do the whole village on Christmas!! Too many damned Christmas cookies (I'm officially in a carb-induced stupor). Too much beer (swilling Aspen Lodge as I type). Too much filet and lobster tail last night at dinner before Manheim Steamroller. :crap: But damn, the food and show were great. :eyebrows:

Anyone else bust a gut over Christmas? Hope I'm not the only one suffering.

:toilet:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I never looked at the holidays as a reason to eat more than typical. I eat "enough". My mom's quality of cooking doesn't change throughout the year, it's always good, so maybe that's why :idunno:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I did not eat too too much, but I am regreting how much I ate now, as I have to get back into shape for the boat ride at the end of february( :thumb: )
a couple of months of proper diet and weight training should fix that...I hope.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I spent Xmas eve and Xmas day at work and people kept bringing in plates of cookies and cakes and chocolate. I've pretty much kept most sugar out of my diet for the last couple of years but I overloaded for those 2 days and I don't remember feeling that badly in a very long time. I honestly felt like puking my guts out after eating all that sugar. Back to normal today and I feel much better. :smilebig:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm with ya, 'eatr. Seems like when you keep the unrefined carbs/sugar intake low day in and day out, you feel that much worse when you binge. Tomorrow I'm back on my horse.

Oh, and Baccy, much better avatar. ;)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I try to eat a lot as often as I can. Christmas dinner is always one of my favorites, roast beef. nothing like good red meat. My aunt sits next to me and she's a vegetarian so my mom makes her fish (something to do with cows being captive and the fish were free to roam in the ocean, seems like a crap excuse to me) but I give her crap all the time. I ask if she wants some gravy or pick out the redest piece and offer it to her, she says no so I eat it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My problem was there wasn't a complete meal from Christmas Eve through Christmas day. Four family gatherings and not one meal! There was just assortments of party trays, finger food and sweets...and of course tons of booze.

Not having a complete meal and snacking for two days straight certainly does a number on your system. Luckily I've been back in the gym everyday and on a normal diet so my body has recovered. But man, I really felt terrible after two days of eating like that.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Went running Christmas day...then proceeded to eat like a pig. I was over at my GF's parent's so I held the drinking to 3 Celebration Ales. ;)

I've been eating like a pig, but at least I've been keeping up my exercise. My freakish metabolism doesn't hurt either. :smilebig:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts