Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 929 was stock height and i had problems reaching the ground properly so i needed to lower it about an inch, i saw someone say they just flipped the stock triangles and it would lower it , i tried them all sorts of ways and it would not fit by just flipping them so i just drilled a new hole for the dog bone about an inch up and thats it , seems to ride good, i refused to pay 90$ for a set of alum triangles...

·
Registered
596 Posts
i would think it would change the shock geometry, at least somewhat, resulting in either less or more dampening depending how everything moves around. it may or may not be noticeable, but that would be about the most i could see happening, as long as the new hole isn't super close to the old one anyway. just my $.02

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya ill get a pic up tonight. it actually rides nice and handles great for me. i like it lower better than stock height and it didnt ruin any handling like ppl say it will.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any chance you got that pic snapped? I wanna see where you drilled your new holes .Did it drop the bike the same distance down as the new holes or does the geometry of the triangle drop it even lower ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts