Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I will be laughed at for this but I want to know who will come out and admit they.ve done this. I recently just got a new weatherby .270 dear rifle with a competition barrel and a scope. It has never been fired. I was out with my dad shooting it and getting the scope dialed in. We were using a beam to support left hand ( barrel support hand) and he adjusted the scope for him for a few shots. We only had about 20min so Being in a hurry I decided to leave the scope focused for him, drew down, pulled the trigger and BAM the phucking scope kicked back and split my forehead wide open. I had blood running everywhere. Now I have a big gash and a swelled up bump right above my eye. lesson learned I only wish I had a better story to explain me new souvineir

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know I will be laughed at for this but I want to know who will come out and admit they.ve done this. I recently just got a new weatherby .270 dear rifle with a competition barrel and a scope. It has never been fired. I was out with my dad shooting it and getting the scope dialed in. We were using a beam to support left hand ( barrel support hand) and he adjusted the scope for him for a few shots. We only had about 20min so Being in a hurry I decided to leave the scope focused for him, drew down, pulled the trigger and BAM the phucking scope kicked back and split my forehead wide open. I had blood running everywhere. Now I have a big gash and a swelled up bump right above my eye. lesson learned I only wish I had a better story to explain me new souvineir
I can honestly say i was never hit by the scope...but as much as I hate to admit it...I will admit I gave myself a black eye with a bolt action gun when i was a kid. Put my face a lil too close to aim down the sightrail and yeah..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :sniper: Thanks for sharing.

Many years ago, while qualifying at the range:sniper:, I thought I was doing great for about 5 minutes. After 25 rounds, I had 24 in, 1 near:woohoo: . That was an awesome improvement from my best score, 19-6. I stopped for a while and when I got back, there were 35 in and 3 near. I didn't shoot any other rounds since the first 25.:huh:
The dude right next to me was using my target unintentionally.:rotfl:

Comes up I was not as good as I momentarily thoght...:down:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wat you did is commonly known as "crawling the scope" . If you get too close to the scope and don't have a proper cheek weld on the stock, any big bore centerfire rifle will give you a scope tattoo. .....And yes, I have had one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts