Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else feel the sort of feeling that one might have when they know a relationship will be ending soon...due to one reason or another. (for some relationships its a relief to get out...but I don't mean those )

Or like you have lost something special to you...you keep looking around, and you haven't given up yet.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Kinda. The site will (should) stay up, but might take a new tack

So to me, it'll be a change in the 'relationship', not an ending. What's really hard to imagine is the site getting any better, which in turn suggests that it might get a little worse

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah, I have the feeling that I lost something very special to me. I hate to try and find a new home. This is by far the only CBR and fireblade site worth going to. If I have to buy an RC51 again, to go to a new home, the wife will have to understand.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Yeah, I feel that we will be losing something special. However, I also can empathize with Conq as to why he doesn't want to deal with it anymore.
There is way to much B.S. that goes on here, and when he tries to put a cap on it, he is accused of censorship and playing god with 'our forum'.
I wouldn't take this site for anything. I would use the ban button immediately, and would be locking and deleting posts every day. I truly think that if we would either; A - all shape up or; B - quit crying when Conq bans, locks or deletes, he wouldn't have lost the desire to run this board.
There is no freedom of speech here, the forum doesn't belong to everyone. The forum belongs to Conq, and there are rules. If he wants to lock sh!t down, he not only can but he should.
It reminds me of whomever it was that was b!tching at LTL the other day saying that he should watch his mouth because he is a moderator. That right there would be enough for me to ban that person.
Yes, it's sad that the site most likely won't remain exactly as it has, but that is the fault of us all.

I wish luck to whomever decides to take this headache on, and I will continue to bite my tongue on all the left wing moronic brainless sh!t posted and only participate in useful motorcycle related stuff, hopefully contributing to an atmosphere that would make running the site worthwhile for said person or people.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This place has given me countless hours of information and enjoyment. I understand people have to moveon but i feel things will change. WHether for the better or worst it will change.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I am sad and unsure of the future yes... But to be perfectly honest, if I had to pay out of my pocket each month what conqsoft does, this place would have went down a long time ago... No way could I afford this...

Conqsoft is a better man than I as I don't think I've have the staying power to keep this site that he does...

·
Registered
497 Posts
I feel it too. Like something important to me has been lost. I am sure the site will stay but probably change. I fear it will change for the worse but am trying to be optomistic. I still have that vague 'something is missing' feeling. I suppose it is the unknown that bothers me the most.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just like Conq said in the other thread.. he is not ending the site just passing it on.  

Conq alone doesn't make the site what it is, we do, all the different people from all walks of life.  So even if Conq isn't here, we will still be us.  I hope and am sure he isn't going to sell it to some NutBall.

But yes I will miss 'PapaBear'  

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Like I said in the other thread...

You won't catch me shedding any tears. I never really got much out of being a .org member, and now that I don't own a Fireblade, I don't know why in the hell I've stuck around as long as I have. There's a lot more to life than some p.o.s. website.

Conqsoft, I hope your future endeavors will be more successful than .org. Good luck, and good riddance.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Pete : Quote (showmethebombs @ June 03 2003, 3:30pm)wow.
To know me is to love me.
That was beautiful Pete. I have a nice, tingly feeling down in my lower midsection now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts