Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am almost positive I will be going there in Feb. I was wondering if any fellow .ORG members have been there. I am going to Ambergris Caye also, which is I guess really fantastic for snorkling and diving. And the second largest barrier reef is there. The place I found is dirt cheap because hardly anyone travels to Belize. Any helpful info would be great.

Here is a link.

Ambergris Caye

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
A buddy of mine was stationed there in the army in the late eighties or early nineties. He absolutely loved it, and says if his wife would let him, he would buy property there now to retire there someday. What kinda stuff are you looking for, I'll ask him.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ViciousRR said:
The place I found is dirt cheap because hardly anyone travels to Belize. Any helpful info would be great.

Here is a link.

Ambergris Caye
You simply MUST post a reply/review. 4 couples (including us) are starting to plan next year's big vaction blowout (3 years ago it was St. Maarten - very fun). Many ideas are being tossed around (like Mexico - YAWN!) and Key West (for Fanny Fest).

I hope you have a great time!! If you like it and all that I'd like to get a hold of the people you spoke with about lodging.

When we went to St. Marrten we rented a 5 bedroom house *on* the beach for the week. Heaven... and cheaper than stying the hotel down the street! :)

Sorry I could not offer any useful info at this point but the few people I've spoken with who went there years ago loved it, that's all I've been told.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
luvtolean said:
A buddy of mine was stationed there in the army in the late eighties or early nineties. He absolutely loved it, and says if his wife would let him, he would buy property there now to retire there someday. What kinda stuff are you looking for, I'll ask him.
Damn I was going to say the same exact thing. My friend Jimmy was stationed there for a little while (He was a MP in the Army) and said the same types of things. He said it was unreal.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holeshot said:
You simply MUST post a reply/review. 4 couples (including us) are starting to plan next year's big vaction blowout (3 years ago it was St. Maarten - very fun). Many ideas are being tossed around (like Mexico - YAWN!) and Key West (for Fanny Fest).

I hope you have a great time!! If you like it and all that I'd like to get a hold of the people you spoke with about lodging.

When we went to St. Marrten we rented a 5 bedroom house *on* the beach for the week. Heaven... and cheaper than stying the hotel down the street! :)

Sorry I could not offer any useful info at this point but the few people I've spoken with who went there years ago loved it, that's all I've been told.
I won't be going till Feb. But I will for sure have lots of pics and l will give you the 411 on places to stay and go. I do know you need to have passport for Belize (no biggie).

Another Idea Holeshot, is to do a cruise which goes to Belize and Cozumel and places like that. All I know is that it's 15 degrees outside, and I can't wait to go.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went last March. I stayed in BZ City, but made excursions to the cays. Ambergris is VERY nice and a very solid choice. A friend of mine has been doing dolphin research down there for the last two years. She absolutely loves it. The water is beautiful, the livin' is easy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Holeshot said:

The Dominican Republic come highly recomended here. I just got back and It was amazing! Nice beaches (really white sand). We were neck deep in the water, amazed by the fact that our toes were so visable. I have been to cancun, I was married there. And the Domincan Rep blows it out of the water. The people are nice and dont have that condesending attitude like, natives in Cancun do. They are very very inteledent, which is actually realy comforting once you get there. You dont have to worry if "this idiot" knows what you are talking about. When you get to the resort they ask you if you speak Spanish, English, Dutch, or French. You tell them once, and thats what they speek to you. It is amazing that the mojority of the people there speak 4 lanuages. I have posted a few pictures in My Gallery . Check them out. They really dont show alot of what is really there but im working on getting the rest of the pictures up.

Dood sorry to jack your thread. Never been to belize, but actually our next vacation will be there. Says my wife anyway.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh yeah... whatever you do, don't drink Belikin. Not because it is bad, but because it is barely harder than a soda. I had a six pack and didn't have a tingle, when usually three beers is enough to get a nice buzz...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts