Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a black 2012 may 13 and I absolutely love it. 650 miles on it and I'm just starting to rip into her. it could be me but compared to my buddies rr8 the new suspension seems a tad bit more rough or sensitive if that makes sense. It handles like a dream, don't get me wrong, just feels like more of a race inspired setup. The wheels, instrument panel, power delivery and clutch all make me a better rider than I really am. Get out there and ride one! You'll sign your life away for one! Already put TBR Carbon Black Series pipe, BMC filter, power commander, undertail and Integrated tail light. Powder coating and Racing levers coming soon! Happy to be a new member! Pictures up asap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unless you have the money to buy one don't test ride it ull want one real bad I tested it because I was looking at the 2011 blade for a good price and they only had a 2012 demo I ended up paying a lot more for the 2012 such an easy bike to ride fast, I've had many bikes before a 250rr, triumph Daytona 600, 2006 Gsxr 750, 2007 blade, and have not had a bike for 4 years I could not believe the diferance in the 2007-2012 blade is phenomenal I've only rode 1500kms but can't wait to get home and jump on it every weekend. I put a taylormade pipe and a PCV on it and k&n filter not like it needed anymore punch, can't wait to get it on the track and realy test it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Stubbyfoil - where did you find integrated tail lights for this bike? I've found very limited aftermarket accessories. My friends tell me that this is still too early to find many choices....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been riding my '12 since Feb 29th, ~4,500 miles.

Great machine! Very stable, more than enough power, good mileage when ridden easy (~41 mpg, calculated). Easy to prep for a track day (30-35 mpg on the track).

Gripe:
- The OEM rear shock fades BAD when ridden hard. This is an ongoing problem with CBR-1Ks and continues with the new balance-free shock. The possible fixes are to replace the shock, or insulate the shock area from muffler heat, or both. Going to a decent S-turn slip-on will also lessen the radiated heat from the OEM muffler (it wraps around the rear shock).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fireblade007 you can get an intergrated led tail light online that's what I have on mine I'll try post some pics of it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fireblade007 you can get an intergrated led tail light online that's what I have on mine I'll try post some pics of it I just built a fender eliminator out of some thin aloy I just need to find a small led light to mount on it or get some of those number plate screws that have built in leds

·
Registered
33 Posts
ive had mine since sept.. never owned a 1000 only 600 and other bikes, etc. Anyway, im in love with it...never thought it would be like it is. its very comfortable...i can adjust around and practically sit straight up with one arm. It has a nice punch at 7000 which is diff from my buddy gsxr 1000...his power band is more smooth. the 2012 has a mid range punch then climbs and punches some more at higher rpm. i really dont even get it too high cause after 7000 or 8000, it pulling so hard I just shift and keep going. like other dude said, it is easy to handle through curves and makes me look like a better ride than I am. it seems light and nimble. stops good. Oh, i had to get rear sets though cause i would have trouble finding the rear brake with foot sometimes and lots of play on shifter side cause cheap or something. i got Driven sets and zero play....i mean just from the joints but almost nothing. now with that fixed the shifter feels perfect. The clutch does good...smooth, etc. lets see brakes smooth.... i dont know....its the most bad ass thing ive ever owned or borrowed and i love it. my buddy gsxr 1000 feels similar and has a little growl under the tank at low rpm that i like, but ill take my rr cause nobody seems to have them, the wheels are diff, its beautiful and comfortable and shoots off like a rocket and holds turns perfect. im sure there are other bikes that do the same..but i know good when i see it and im impressed. its been a lot of fun for me!! hope you get one...id like to ride the new r1 just to see what its like cause i passed on it to get my cbr. the r1 is awesome but looks too aggressive. thx.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
CBR is better then the R1 by far. The R1 is cool, especially because of the cross plane crankshaft. That is all the R1 really has going for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah...cbr is top man...gotta be cause it freakn rides like a dream. I got it on impulse too without research cause Honda beat the r1 deal that day. Plus my first bike was the 93' cbr 600 same color, so kinda cool to get anniversary 20 years later! Research after purchase and realize I didn't go wrong plus I love it man in every way. Got it for 11165.00 in sept....good deal huh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts