Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install this thing but the directions are ridiculously retarded. Seems self-explanatory, but if you have this fender eliminator you'll know the license plate backer has a little rubber roller on the very bottom of it. When I have this frame ready to mount, lined up with the holes I THINK it should be bolted into, the little rubber roller touches the plastic hugger. In the picture in the kit, the frame and the rubber roller have tons of clearance between the roller and the hugger. Is my suspension sagging big time? Or what??

Thanks! I'd like to take care of this first thing so I can ride, and get some tires installed.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm trying to install this thing but the directions are ridiculously retarded. Seems self-explanatory, but if you have this fender eliminator you'll know the license plate backer has a little rubber roller on the very bottom of it. When I have this frame ready to mount, lined up with the holes I THINK it should be bolted into, the little rubber roller touches the plastic hugger. In the picture in the kit, the frame and the rubber roller have tons of clearance between the roller and the hugger. Is my suspension sagging big time? Or what??

Thanks! I'd like to take care of this first thing so I can ride, and get some tires installed.
It will be fine as long as you have it bolted thru as instructed. Mine is almost touching when I am not on the bike. See pic's.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the pix man! Looks like your kit is different than mine. The mountingbracket(s) on yourss looks like it bolts up UNDER the tail, mike only has side brackets. Point is I guess it will be fine. I'll just put the fucker on and ride, worse case is the suspension travels too much and I crunch it. lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey thanks for the pix man! Looks like your kit is different than mine. The mountingbracket(s) on yourss looks like it bolts up UNDER the tail, mike only has side brackets. Point is I guess it will be fine. I'll just put the fucker on and ride, worse case is the suspension travels too much and I crunch it. lol
You won't hurt it. The plate will flaten out under the tail should you bottom out. That will only happen if you stand your bike up on the front wheel and bring it down to hard....SO DON'T DO THAT:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts