Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
What would you need remote start on a bike for? Wouldn't that require leaving the bike in neutral?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Yup, at one time when I owned my Blackbird. The purpose, none really. Didn't have to wait for the bike to warm up though. The best part about it was the 'thrill' factor. It was fun to play around with people. It was a pain to hook up, too many extra relays. It was fail safe, and the bike would not start unless in nuetral.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I have thought about it, but never got around to it. It's a neat idea, even if for no other reason then to mess with people

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I've seen one on aHarley with REALLY loud pipes - he would be screwing with people ALL the time, would just start it up whenever anyone got close and scare the hell out of them...

Z...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have an alarm but no remote starter. Don't need one on a fuel injected bike. By the time I put my helmet & gloves on, it's ready to go.

Nice toy though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the deal is that I am about to start selling them to the Harley guys. But I want to carry a decent brand, and I need to show it off at the store also. So I am looking at these.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
DavidGS : Well, the deal is that I am about to start selling them to the Harley guys. But I want to carry a decent brand, and I need to show it off at the store also. So I am looking at these.
Do... most Harleys/standard cruisers have neutral safety switches or similar devices? If not...

BTW, did you try to tankbag camera idea?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a cool cheap alarm on my bike, easy to hook up, but never figured out how to hook up the remote start, because i need to wind the petcock. but yeah its a good investment, it makes sounds when it gets touched or tipped, but the brand was called 'Best Motorcycle Alarm' baught it on ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts