Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the led blinkers in there passenger rear sets? I saw a guy selling his 954 that had them and they looked pretty good. Said he got them off ebay. I found the guy and its $40 for me to send in the sets and he mounts and seals them and ships them back.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was worried with visibility. I still have stock signals. I dont like the look but I do like the safety of them. I was also curious of how you replace the leds when one blows.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
big pimpin said:
I was worried with visibility. I still have stock signals. I dont like the look but I do like the safety of them. I was also curious of how you replace the leds when one blows.

Personally I haven't heard of anyone that has had an led burn out. They have a life expectancy of like 10,000 hours or something outrageous like that and you know how many years it would take for you to have your signals on that long? Barring an electrical malfunction on your bike I don't think you have to worry about them burning out. Now if one got broke from something hitting it then you'd probably have to send it back and get it redone.

As far as visibility I have seen a couple bikes with this done and the led's are very bright nowadays and they can be seen quite well. I would say they are pretty safe and will get noticed. If you like them i say go for it.

I've thought about doing this as well on my Blade but the undertail i just ordered has led blinkers built in it so I guess i won't be trying them any time soon.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I thought about doing this to the 54 but decided against it thinking the pipe would obstruct visibility.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'VE GOT'EM :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I love them to death, you get rid of all of the bulky crap that comes with the original signals and it really really cleans up the bike :thumb: easy installation and a very nice look.

Here is a very crappy pic that does not do it justice...these are WAY brighter than stock, almost painful

SIGNALS

I hope that helps, I think that I have the guys name still but, it is in 4 hours away right now...I'll see what I can do though :thumb:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Here is a link to a guy who is doing them, looks a lot cheaper than mine plus it is almost 2 times a much as what I paid...

don't get these ones

I think that the guys name was tristan and I found him on ebay too...the craftsman ship was awsome on mine, very good fit and finish and the led's are protected by the footpeg not out and exposed like the ones in the link...I'll do some more digging and see what I come up with...

·
Registered
198 Posts
There is some guy out of Orlando, FL that does them on ebay. A lot of people in this area have them and no complaints that I know of. I have ridden with guys who have them, they are very bright. High mount pipes get in the way of the right side though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Northern RR said:
I'VE GOT'EM :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I love them to death, you get rid of all of the bulky crap that comes with the original signals and it really really cleans up the bike :thumb: easy installation and a very nice look.

Here is a very crappy pic that does not do it justice...these are WAY brighter than stock, almost painful

SIGNALS

I hope that helps, I think that I have the guys name still but, it is in 4 hours away right now...I'll see what I can do though :thumb:

Did you have to install a resitor to keep them from flashing to fast?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I did not install one, but yes they do blink faster, not a big deal with me, I figure the more light the more attention... :idunno: it's worked so far...I had my signals done by the guy in orlando(tristan) he was very good to deal with and would for sure recomend him...I just can't find his address right now...maybe check out 600RR.net(I think that is were I got his name from) Hope that helps

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Northern RR said:
I did not install one, but yes they do blink faster, not a big deal with me, I figure the more light the more attention... :idunno: it's worked so far...I had my signals done by the guy in orlando(tristan) he was very good to deal with and would for sure recomend him...I just can't find his address right now...maybe check out 600RR.net(I think that is were I got his name from) Hope that helps

Thats the guy I emailed off ebay. He said $40 to put 6 leds in and $80 to install 12. I may do it. Was it a pain running the wires?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nope, I had mine installed in under 25 minutes and that was including the time it took to get my tail section off...not for the faint of heart but there is a technique to it...I would say go for it, if you plan on keeping the passenger pegs on the bike...all in all :coolmod:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I think that WAGZ has some as well, do a search on his galleries, that should give you a better idea...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Here are some better pictures of the lights in the pegs.

http://1000rr.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3662

The guy Number1graphicdesigner doesthem himself and will do them for anyone he does a great job and is very thorough with his work.

Maybe you guys can check him out he is not outrageously expensive either I Am going to get mine done at some point in time...

Gotta buy RRWANTR's 954 first :evilaugh:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
98CBRF3 said:
Here are some better pictures of the lights in the pegs.

http://1000rr.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3662

The guy Number1graphicdesigner doesthem himself and will do them for anyone he does a great job and is very thorough with his work.

Maybe you guys can check him out he is not outrageously expensive either I Am going to get mine done at some point in time...

Gotta buy RRWANTR's 954 first :evilaugh:

According to the post he was undecided on a price but was thinking of $100. I think I would let the guy on ebay do it for $40. I talked with a guy that had him do them and he said he done a great jod, fast too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts