Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some must have read on my previous post about me purchasing an undertail might have noticed that its boiling down to the Hotbodies one but I've just come across the Targa undertail. Anyone here use the Targa one before?? I notice its a little bit more expensive and they don't include the lic plate mount. They want an extra $30-45USD for the mount and turn signals.

Thanks for any info you can give me :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
JWHT said:
As some must have read on my previous post about me purchasing an undertail might have noticed that its boiling down to the Hotbodies one but I've just come across the Targa undertail. Anyone here use the Targa one before?? I notice its a little bit more expensive and they don't include the lic plate mount. They want an extra $30-45USD for the mount and turn signals.

Can't really tell you about the Targa but the Hotbodies is a really good value. I have one on my 929 and it fits really well.

Was it your thread I posted my review and pics of my undertail?

·
Registered
102 Posts
JWHT said:

I have the targa and it fits and matches very nicely. It is a bit more involved in the installation as the Hotbodies is shorter, the Targa is longer. My targa came with the license plate light and the lic bracket that is ready for turnsignals. The Biggest difference between the targa and the Hotbodies is the trurnsignal. Be advised that the leds on the hotbodies are nice--BUT are hard to see because they are very directional and have a narrow angle of view. The turnsignals (lockhart short stalk VI) are very small with a big bulb and provide a better view-----if you care
Sugoi8

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Calkidd: Yes that is my post! Those are great pics btw :)

Well if I used the hotbodies undertail can I use the Targa lic plate bracket on it??? I would have to drill holes into the undertail itself to mount it right??? Cause I don't see any pre existing holes on either undertail.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the targa and it fits and matches very nicely. It is a bit more involved in the installation as the Hotbodies is shorter, the Targa is longer. My targa came with the license plate light and the lic bracket that is ready for turnsignals. The Biggest difference between the targa and the Hotbodies is the trurnsignal. Be advised that the leds on the hotbodies are nice--BUT are hard to see because they are very directional and have a narrow angle of view. The turnsignals (lockhart short stalk VI) are very small with a big bulb and provide a better view-----if you care
Sugoi8

Quick question, does the license plate light come as a separate piece on the Targa ?? I would like to purchase it but will not be using the signal bracket, and I don't want the license plate light on it either. If anyone has any info, please let me know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts