Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a microbrew pub new my house just got a few kegs of Sea Dog Blue Paw on tap and its incredible, I went to our areas largest beer supplier and they cant order it, id love nothing more then to get a case or two of it to share with some friends.... is there anyone local that can pick up 2 cases and UPS them to me ? I will paypal the cost of the beer, shipping, and then a bit extra for your troubles.... please let me know if this is local for you, I dont want anyone travelling even a bit out of there way for it..... thanks, mike

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrX954 said:
Its like uber illegal to ship alcohol

? swap beer via UPS with friends all the time, just dont know anyone in Maine.... on the beer forums this is how the guys do it all the time. There are a million beer clubs and wine mail order stores online so i dont think its illegal.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:banghead: I'm nominating myself for :asshat: of the year apparently.

My bro works for DHL and told me its illegal to ship alcohol from one residence to another. Maybe its a NH law "Live free or die" my a**

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I ship homebrew all the time. I can also get seadog. I know I've seen it around here. Let me check next time I go to the beer store and I'll get back to you. Are you in a rush to get it?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MedTechRR said:
I ship homebrew all the time. I can also get seadog. I know I've seen it around here. Let me check next time I go to the beer store and I'll get back to you. Are you in a rush to get it?

in a rush is such a vague term, lol.... nah just kidding.... i would be interested in (2) cases of Sea Dog Blue Paw, if you do see it let me know the price, and we will figure out shipping and such and I can paypal you the funds, that would be most excellent, like i said dont go out of your way to do so.... thanks a million in advance Med !!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I'm not familiar with it (of course, I don't drink) but I could probably take a look for you also, if MedTech can't find it.

Do you know where in Maine they're located?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nhfirefighter13 said:
I'm not familiar with it (of course, I don't drink) but I could probably take a look for you also, if MedTech can't find it.

Do you know where in Maine they're located?

<hr>
SEA DOG BANGOR is located near the intersection of ALT US1 and Front Street at 26 Front Street in Bangor, Maine.

SEA DOG TOPSHAM is located on the Androscoggin River at 1 Main Street in Topsham, Maine.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
CBR929RE said:
its only illegal if they catch you. I've shipped car batteries at work through FedEx. They just didn't know they were batteries.
Dude, that's stupid.

Don't bring liability onto your company doing something like that.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
YIKES! Topsham & Bangor are both quite a haul. Easily over 2 hours for each with Bangor about 3.5. I'll check the local stores.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
luvtolean said:
Dude, that's stupid.

Don't bring liability onto your company doing something like that.
not my choice, I was told to do it that way. package them real good and send them off. The shipping label just says manager on it but even if I hand write it I don't put my name (that goes for any part regardless of what it is).

edit: I guess I could mention that I've only shipped one battery since I started there in November. I think I saw my boss do one early on before she had be start doing the shipping. So it is very rare, I don't even think its suppose to go through the system like that anyway.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Used to hit the one in Topsham all the time. Nice place. They took an old mill and converted it. Sweet.

Gotta do something up there in the wintah. :cheers: Good brew.

Used to be this little ale house down in Portland. 120 taps on the wall. Damn.....

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
well when I had my first bike a bunch of us took a trip up to the topless donut shop the day before finals started. Its in Portland, ME if memory serves correctly. My reccommendation, don't waste your time (I don't go to strips clubs anyway because I think they're a waste of money). So we get there and go in, guess what its just the front room of a strip club. The girl asks if we want donuts and coffee, we say yes. She brings out half stale Dunkin Donuts from across the street and shitty coffee. She was ok looking, nothing special though. So since we were there already we got into the actual strip club free when it opened at 11. That was a waste of money too. 1 of the strippers was good looking, another one was alright, the others weren't anything to talk about and one was so bad a couple of my friends hid in the bathroom just so they wouldn't have to give her even 1 dollar.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
CBR929RE said:
1 of the strippers was good looking, another one was alright, the others weren't anything to talk about and one was so bad a couple of my friends hid in the bathroom just so they wouldn't have to give him even 1 dollar.
You went to a male strip club?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
luvtolean said:
You went to a male strip club?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
no it wasn't a male strip club (thanks for the heads up there on that mistake) but that girl was ugly enough where you could call her a man.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts