Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys-recently met a guy, friend of a friend, that does carbon fiber and fiberglass work-he can and is willing to start making carbon fiber bodywork for sportbikes-or whatever else we want. im having a 929 tank done, so if anyone is interested, ill be more than willing to get a couple, but require cash down before. being as i have a 929, im sending my tank in for a mold-thus, no other 929 tanks are needed upfront (unless you wish to let me borrow one so i dont need to take my bike apart-LOL). If he hasnt already made a mold of the tank or fairing being made, then i will need an original, in as good of shape as possible to send out temporarily to build a mold with. prices will be VERY VERY reasonable-estimates given were 300-500 for the tanks (may be more, may be less depending on time frames and work). fenders are possible, as well as the rest of the bodywork. let me know if anyone is interested, thanks, mike

[email protected]

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'd love to get the mid and lower fairings in CF. The lowers I can get in 1 piece already, but the middle fairing is always made 1 piece with the upper fairing.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
charkly said:
ok guys-recently met a guy, friend of a friend, that does carbon fiber and fiberglass work-he can and is willing to start making carbon fiber bodywork for sportbikes-or whatever else we want. im having a 929 tank done, so if anyone is interested, ill be more than willing to get a couple, but require cash down before. being as i have a 929, im sending my tank in for a mold-thus, no other 929 tanks are needed upfront (unless you wish to let me borrow one so i dont need to take my bike apart-LOL). If he hasnt already made a mold of the tank or fairing being made, then i will need an original, in as good of shape as possible to send out temporarily to build a mold with. prices will be VERY VERY reasonable-estimates given were 300-500 for the tanks (may be more, may be less depending on time frames and work). fenders are possible, as well as the rest of the bodywork. let me know if anyone is interested, thanks, mike

[email protected]
gas won't have any chemical affect on carbon fiber? the 929 tank is all metal, its not a plastic cover like the 600rr or 1000rr.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can get those on ebay-i have a set on my bike right now (NOT THE FAKE ONES) theya re exp. though-lol-i could get the casings done, but not sure about the glass part or the stalk. Mike

·
Registered
12,126 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone thought about the way carbon is usually reinforced with kevlar - because carbon can shatter on impact.....

Not what you want a tank to do right ...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Gas will effect carbon over time, just 3 weeks ago I had to have mine sealed because it was leaking from one of the seams. It has never been dropped, damaged, etc. and it cost 2k from ducati performance. At that price it should last forever. The guys at section8superbike tell me this is not an uncommon problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts