Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After stripping my bike today following a crash yesterday, I have found something that might well be a problem:

The lower footpeg mount has been snapped off of the frame.

I have the part, still attached to the footpeg.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed back on? e.g. welded?

If not, has anyone got any suggestions for how to fix it?

I thought about getting the footrest hanger welded on - is this possible?

I know nothing about fixing this type of damage :crap:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
You'll have to show it to a welder.
It can definately be fixed but getting weld to the back of it is going to be difficult. You could also weld a piece of angle on the back edge of the frame casting and bolt the rearset to that.
Or you could make a new rearset that attaches elsewhere.

Reactions: Dangerous Des

·
Registered
26 Posts
go to the nearest welder's shop and dont make it out to be a big job, cause u'll get screwed. it should only be a matter of tig welding not to big a job, make sure the battery is out of the bike when it is gettin done cause if the leads are'nt protected with a zapper or when disconacted they make contect again while welding you will have a big problem...!!!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
After stripping my bike today following a crash yesterday, I have found something that might well be a problem:

The lower footpeg mount has been snapped off of the frame.

I have the part, still attached to the footpeg.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed back on? e.g. welded?

If not, has anyone got any suggestions for how to fix it?

I thought about getting the footrest hanger welded on - is this possible?

I know nothing about fixing this type of damage :crap:

Thanks!
You can get this fixed. A pro welder can do it. I suggest taking it appart and giving said welder an empty frame, with the mount tab. That makes it easier for the welder, and better for the price. However, it is not an easy job just to take the bike appart. Yes, I am sure this thought has passed your mind:cool: . I had a similar problem years ago with my old Gixxer. I got it welded after I took it to a few welders in my area. The trick was to find a guy who would do it with the bike still assembled. I got it done for a case of Heinekin and $200.00 worth of table dances at a local bar. No,,,,,,,,, I was not the table dancer.........:thumb: :patriot:

Reactions: Dangerous Des

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the advice!

I got it done for a case of Heinekin and $200.00 worth of table dances at a local bar. No,,,,,,,,, I was not the table dancer.........:thumb: :patriot:
Are you sure..... :rotfl: My table dancing would not be a pretty sight! :rotfl:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Don't worry about it man ... it'll grow back!!! :rotfl:

Ok no seriously ...... that shyt will buff right out!! :rotfl:

No really ....Just rub some dirt on it and get back in the game!! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Ok ..... *deep breath* .... no seriously ... stop being greedy .. you got 2 of them anyway!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok ... I think I'm out of one liners that fit this topic so yes it can be fixed. Should be pretty cheap if you got a welder that knows their shtuff!!

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Thanks all for the advice!

Are you sure..... :rotfl: My table dancing would not be a pretty sight! :rotfl:
:shades: :eyebrows: :rolleyes: I use backtine and iodine after a hydrogen peroxyde with alcohol cleaning.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry about it man ... it'll grow back!!! :rotfl:

Ok no seriously ...... that shyt will buff right out!! :rotfl:

No really ....Just rub some dirt on it and get back in the game!! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Ok ..... *deep breath* .... no seriously ... stop being greedy .. you got 2 of them anyway!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok ... I think I'm out of one liners that fit this topic so yes it can be fixed. Should be pretty cheap if you got a welder that knows their shtuff!!
Hmm, maybe with a bit of T-Cut it'll polish out?

Nice one JS, I guess you owed me eh? :rotfl:

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had a track bike that'd been welded in the same area , it was as good as new and held my weight ( and i'm a fat fook ) easily .

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got it welded in the end - £25. The guy originally said strip the bike to the frame, which I started to do - got the bike down to the engine, frame and forks, only to find an engine mount bolt that had seized solid :pissed:

So I took the bike to the welders like that, which was good enough for him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts