Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are currently some real nice deals on the Net for RC51 slip ons. Has anyone tried the Two Brothers unit in any of the model variations. I see they have a kit silencer that can be placed inside their units that knocks the noise level down another 4 or 6 DBA's.

Anybody have any performance data on these or the other systems out there?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you using the optional baffle system with the exhaust slip ons? Also, what is the difference between the high and low mount systems?...........

·
Registered
27 Posts
no baffles hi mounts were discontinued low mounts supposedly give you more power but at a different range .do not know too much about them just learning myself.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just my experience (and it may be different for twins)...Slip-ons will not give you any power gains. They will give you sound, but that's it. I can't remember the magazine, but they tested all the new 600s with different slip-ons. All but one showed zero hp gain. The single one actually lost a tenth or two. Full systems are the way to go. Like I said, just been my experience.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dan Kyle racing showed great gains with Sato in all variations over stock. Maybe the I4 600's just came with decent exhausts. The OE cans I pulled off my RC were heavy and appeared to be restricting. I doubt they(Sato) fetch $1000+ for good sound.

I know you asked about TB's, but the previous post suggest all a/m slips only yield audible gains.

·
Registered
554 Posts
That's why I said "just my experience". Slip-ons may yield more hp with the 51. Never installed any on that model. I've only done inlines. Not once had to play with jetting.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I know you asked about TB's, but the previous post suggest all a/m slips only yield audible gains.
Just letting the OP know why Sato was brought up when he asked about Two Brothers. Not trying to direct fire at you:D

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
:popcorn: two brothers eh........:popcorn:
someone will come around chal, someone with experience with V-TWINS (like pcorpasortiz)...............

·
Registered
554 Posts
Chesty Puller, eh? I had to say goodnight to Chesty every night for 13 weeks back in 83/84.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did some research and decided against the Two Brothers unit. On the same day I was able to purchase a used set of low mount Sato's from a bike salvage business at a very good price. They are on their way to me now.....

Kyle Racing helped out a bunch by posting their dyno charts from a link to the 'rogue' 51 site. I could not seem to find any other charts for comparison.

Now here's the deal. I have a PC111 hooked into my 02' bike with the standard mapping. With the addition of the Sato slip ons, will I need to remap the PC?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I acquired an RC 51 that was spared nothing 24,600$ total invested and it ended up with a Two Bros. Carbon fiber exh. hi-mount. mapped PC III usb stock air filter mod plus all avail. mods and it does 189mph stock motor rebuilt at 10k miles.Why Two Bros. ;Must be the one that worked the best with the RC 51. No?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Chesty Puller, eh? I had to say goodnight to Chesty every night for 13 weeks back in 83/84.

you know the saying, semper fi, till we die!!!you should holler at and see what he is up to, chesty told me if he was in the oval office, terrorist would........................................well you can just imagine!!!:rant:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I acquired an RC 51 that was spared nothing 24,600$ total invested and it ended up with a Two Bros. Carbon fiber exh. hi-mount. mapped PC III usb stock air filter mod plus all avail. mods and it does 189mph stock motor rebuilt at 10k miles.Why Two Bros. ;Must be the one that worked the best with the RC 51. No?
Two things. Why was the rc rebuilt at 10K? Also, do lighter cans produce a looser rear on the exits?

·
Registered
27 Posts
An inexperienced mechanic forgot an item during an oil change. But shop assumed full responsibility and did the whole engine over; it wasn't because of abuse. The bike was loose in the rear, but it could be because of the 14/ 43 sprocket config., went to a 200/50-17 to remedy the looseness and a lighter throttle input. still trying to sort out susp. Due to change in rider weight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I WAS GIVEN A TWO BROTHERS HIGH MOUNT SLIP ON FOR FREE FOR MY 2001 RC ... THE CANS WERE POLISHED AND I HAD THEM POWDERED COATED HIGH GLOSS BLACK AND THEY HAVE BEEN FINE... LOVE THE SOUND AND SO DOES EVERY ONE WHO HEARS IT:smilebig:

·
Registered
824 Posts
An inexperienced mechanic forgot an item during an oil change. But shop assumed full responsibility and did the whole engine over; it wasn't because of abuse. The bike was loose in the rear, but it could be because of the 14/ 43 sprocket config., went to a 200/50-17 to remedy the looseness and a lighter throttle input. still trying to sort out susp. Due to change in rider weight.

there is NO WAY that bike does 189 with a 14 tooth front sprocket...it might say that on the speedometer bot your not going that fast...MAYBE 160 if your lucky.....very lucky...and i doubt they changed the gearing in the transmission...and even if they did...with that motor having stock components i dont care what he put into it there is no way it goes as fast as a 2009 MV agusta 1000...you have the same chance going 189 on that bike as a snowball lasting in hell...sorry...i think your going by speedo and with a 14 tooth sprocket that speedo is WAY off......two bros is crap IMHO....i dont know about for the RC but for every other bike there are MUCH better pipes out there...akra, arrow, arata if u want to spend money...yoshi, FMF, Leo V are a little more reasonable...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts