Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Trust me this is not one project you want to to. You can do it yourself but it is well worth just sending it to bluegauges.com just pull up a search on this site for gauge leds

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah what he said i tried it and ended up braking a cluster had to get a new one witch im going to send in just need to finish some other things i will post pics when i send it in and get it back

·
Registered
135 Posts
I did mine, ordered 100 LED's from ebay for $25.(wrong ones) but was able to make them work.
I got the white face from ebay for $12.

If you do this you will need A GOOD SOLDER SUCKER(desoldering tool) and PATIENTS!!!!!!:rant:

I slightly buggered it up by breaking my temp readout because i did not check to make sure all the pins were desoldered 100%. It isnt hard to do if you use the right tools and take your time. Use a low wattage iron, and dont over heat the pins for the LCD's or the numbers will flake out after.....

Heres some pics

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I did mine, ordered 100 LED's from ebay for $25.(wrong ones) but was able to make them work.
I got the white face from ebay for $12.

If you do this you will need A GOOD SOLDER SUCKER(desoldering tool) and PATIENTS!!!!!!:rant:

I slightly buggered it up by breaking my temp readout because i did not check to make sure all the pins were desoldered 100%. It isnt hard to do if you use the right tools and take your time. Use a low wattage iron, and dont over heat the pins for the LCD's or the numbers will flake out after.....

Heres some pics
How comes your mileage has risen by 30937? :eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
How comes your mileage has risen by 30937? :eek:
Haha, 2 different clusters. i have 2 929's one with 24k kms, and the other with 74k kms.

When I did the swap, I didnt photgraph the cluster first, so I just used the cluter on the other bike for the before and after shots..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts