Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oddly Google's new web based email appears to be by invite. Not sure if it's by invite "only" though. Wondering if anyone else here has set themselves up an account and what they think of it. Obviously yahoo's recent announcement of feature add-ons and storage increase was an attempt to circumvent a large migration of folks to googles whomping 1000MB of storage!

So far, I'm not overly comfortable with the user experience. It's a little cumbersome and uncustomizable. But I'm hoping future releases will be better.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
symonjester said:
Oddly Google's new web based email appears to be by invite. Not sure if it's by invite "only" though. Wondering if anyone else here has set themselves up an account and what they think of it. Obviously yahoo's recent announcement of feature add-ons and storage increase was an attempt to circumvent a large migration of folks to googles whomping 1000MB of storage!

So far, I'm not overly comfortable with the user experience. It's a little cumbersome and uncustomizable. But I'm hoping future releases will be better.
Can a mod please move this to "Off-Topic" for me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have it, I posted in the Yahoo thread before I saw this... So far I really like it, much better then any web mail I have used. Detailed searching in the inbox (really fast uses Googles search engine), lots of storage, a useful archive folder. Nice product I hope the speed doesn't go down when they open it up to everyone.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BladeRider said:
I have it, I posted in the Yahoo thread before I saw this... So far I really like it, much better then any web mail I have used. Detailed searching in the inbox (really fast uses Googles search engine), lots of storage, a useful archive folder. Nice product I hope the speed doesn't go down when they open it up to everyone.
Yeah, now that I've played with it a little more it seems okay. I'm not much of a mail searcher - don't tend to keep that much in my folders. Between yahoo, hotmail, google, work, and my two other accounts you'd think I was a popular guy :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
It is only a "test" site/email for now. It sounds like once they've got all the bugs worked out, they'll open it up to the public.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I looked a preview of the email (since I was not invited to test it :crying: ). It looks pretty cool with different, new features compared to other free web-based email services (IMO).

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MarlaEagle said:
I looked a preview of the email (since I was not invited to test it :crying: ). It looks pretty cool with different, new features compared to other free web-based email services (IMO).
Go login to mine - you know the password :thumb:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ND4SPD said:
Did you guys lose each others phone number? :D
I've been trying to pick her up for some time now, but no such luck. I tried everything flowers, chocolates, romance, bike parts, stocking her - but nothin'. I need to talk to Baccus or SuperDave for some advice on smoothing it with the ladies :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
symonjester said:
I've been trying to pick her up for some time now, but no such luck. I tried everything flowers, chocolates, romance, bike parts, stocking her - but nothin'. I need to talk to Baccus or SuperDave for some advice on smoothing it with the ladies :D
"Stalking" Symon, "stalking". ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
MarlaEagle said:

If I get anymore invitations I'll send you one, I had a bunch but they went fast. As far as I know they haven't given a timeline for the beta but I haven't had any problems using it. :idunno:

·
Registered
73 Posts
symonjester said:
Bacchus said:
That string of words would be an oxymoron Sj... :p
How about HE SHOULD HAVE SAID LADY (singular!!) :mad: ;)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
to be on topic, I was invited, but haven't tried. Don't like them scanning my emails anyway.

·
Registered
626 Posts
asiliat said:
to be on topic, I was invited, but haven't tried. Don't like them scanning my emails anyway.
On the other side I thought it was cool that I didn't have to give them ANY info to get my account, the only thing they ask for is a first and last name and you could put anything in those fields. :idunno:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BladeRider said:
On the other side I thought it was cool that I didn't have to give them ANY info to get my account, the only thing they ask for is a first and last name and you could put anything in those fields. :idunno:
They also ask for an email address as I recall. Not fond of them having my work email. After thinking about it, it makes sense that they are doing this by invite for now. This way, they get everyone on slowly so there isn't some huge bulk of people trying to sign up and slowing the performance down - AND - they keep the alure of the whole thing up. (if I spelled anything wrong I'm sure I'll get a correction email notice from the wifey ;))

1 - 20 of 26 Posts