Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Tiger last night and put it on the laptop. So far everything is running along great.

Dashboard is very cool although setup was not obvious at first. I already have weather and a few extra tools setup. It needs a good calculator though as the current one is lame.

Spotlight is fast but I have not had a use yet.

Looking forward to testing the new compressor for iChat video.

Overall a good upgrade so far.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I too put Tiger on the G5... but I have been regretting it.

First of all, the Cisco VPN client I need to run to connect to work is incompatible. Oops. To add insult to injury, my backup to that is running Win2K inside Virtual PC. The networking components in VPC don't work with Tiger. Double Oops.

Other than that, it's working great!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
navydevildoc said:

First of all, the Cisco VPN client I need to run to connect to work is incompatible. Oops. To add insult to injury, my backup to that is running Win2K inside Virtual PC. The networking components in VPC don't work with Tiger. Double Oops.

Ouch! I never upgrade anything as early as you did (Mac or Win) that needs to produce work. I even have one still on Panther at the house :)

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
navydevildoc said:

Which version of the VPN client do you run? Do they have any ETA for service packs to fix all this?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Yep I also want to see it using iChat. Want to try the multiple chat also :)
for really high quality stuff, doesn't it require one hell of a processor to encode/decode that basically HD sized video on the fly?

Which machine you running?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ccwilli3 said:
for really high quality stuff, doesn't it require one hell of a processor to encode/decode that basically HD sized video on the fly?

Which machine you running?
Not to bad is my guess since the compressor is said to be scalable to phones etc.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Which version of the VPN client do you run? Do they have any ETA for service packs to fix all this?
It's Cisco VPN Client Version 4.6.02.0023. The problem is that they have to build the VPN Client against a specific kernel version, so now that Tiger is finalized it shouldn't be long before a fix is out.

Same with the VPC stuff... they have to build against the kernel. My IBM ThinkPad is doing my E-Mail (the only thing I needed the VPN for). I am still chugging right along with regular work.

As far as upgrading early... it's part of the job. I work for a defense contractor supporting large installs of IT gear, Macs included. I can't provide reccomendations or advice if I haven't had my hands on it yet.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
navydevildoc said:
As far as upgrading early... it's part of the job. I work for a defense contractor supporting large installs of IT gear, Macs included. I can't provide reccomendations or advice if I haven't had my hands on it yet.
:thumb: so disaster was an anticipated chance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts