Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go to switch my visor on my RX7-RR those little lever thingy's like dont work too well, is there a way to take off those cover lookin things on the side of the helmet to see whats going on in there. I like my helmet and dont really want to buy a new one yet.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've never figured it out completely, either. I've seen people swap Arai shields in seconds...so it CAN be done. :idunno:

But I take the side covers off. Look behind the cover from the front and you'll see a red "button" on the bottom. Push that button and lift the bottom of the cover up(out). There's another tab underneath the top of the cover that you release by sliding the cover up (toward the top of the helmet). Put the other shield on and snap the covers back into place.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I can swap my visor on my Corsair without even taking the helmet off thanks to Nicky Hayden's informative video:thumb: .

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
I can swap my visor on my Corsair without even taking the helmet off thanks to Nicky Hayden's informative video:thumb: .
Should have watched Colin's. He'll teach you how to be too smart to remove it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I recall having to fight with sheild removal when the little lever thingys weren't in the correct position when the existing sheild was installed. :idunno:

I always make sure the levers are correctly positioned (in a down position) now and I have no problems doing a quick swap...no side cover popping now.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
HondaGal said:
I always make sure the levers are correctly positioned (in a down position) now and I have no problems doing a quick swap...no side cover popping now.
:wstupid: Works pretty well. I can easily swap my shield in ~30 sec or less.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I first scored my helmet I could swap my visor in less than 10secs, thats why I ask now I know sumptin aint right

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
If you don't LUBE the plastic parts they wear down, that's all. That's why the helmet comes with that tiny jar of goo.

I'm sure BDA will have a blast with that post:rotfl: .

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hmm. I push the lever thingies up to remove the shield. Sometimes I don't use them at all. Looking down on the helmet with the shield facing away, I twist the side out and pull. I sounds like it's going to break, but it doesn't.:p I had older Arais that didn't have the levers and the twist and pull was how you removed them.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Nope was working :D

Work, what the hell is that anyways?

As for the twist and pull method I never liked that about them. Sure does sound like it's gonna break. Always amde me shiver every time I saw someone do it. It made that horrible crunch sound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts