Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

Hey everyone, thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I've just been scammed with a FAKE Arai RX7 helmet. Not an Ebay scam, but I think it may be on there somewhere.

There is a guy going around forums named Helmet HOuse in Redondo Beach, CA. He has pictures and sends tons of them. I just bought a new McCoy Slide King RX7 Corsair size medium from him for $300.00 shipped to me. I gotta tell you, this is the best FAKE I have ever seen. It came in the right box, with all the labels, stickers, and graphics. It's dead nuts accurate, but, NO SNELL logo anywhere inside the helmet. It uses the old RX7 Liner instead of the new Corsair liner, and has FULMER stamped inside the shell under the liner instead of Arai.
So, I called Arai, and they said it is DEFINETLY a fake. They also had me ship them the helmet for inspection, and they are going to send me the real deal in trade, so thumbs up to Arai. They aren't too happy though that people are knocking off their helmet.

Also, this guys uses the excuse that he is broke so that's why he's selling it so cheap. This is a $600 MSRP helmet so..... you get what you pay for.

According to Arai's customer service, and regional sales rep., this is the 4th helmet they have seen like this, and they are attempting to trace the source.

Buyer be ware: RX7 Corsair Slide King/McCoy ALL SIZES

I already got screwed by them

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Damn! If Arai is shipping you the real deal considering you bought one online, then that is admirable. And they just got SOME of the respect I lost for them when they decided on their internet policy. I still think their internet policy sucks donkey balls, but that is damn cool of them, damn cool.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
That is damn cool of Arai. Maybe that's another reason they don't want to sell online? I guess if you buy it from an authorized dealer it won't be a fake, is their reasoning, which I can understand. The point about getting it fitted properly at a dealer is bogus, though. That really sucks that someone is selling fakes.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
What made you suspicous(sp?) to begin with? I mean, I probably wouldn't have dug all though the inside of this new helmet looking for Snell or Arai stickers or even recognizing another model's interior, etc. Good job spotting all this, I would just about guarantee I would never have. :huh:

And Arai's honoring your free no cost replacement although you purchased it from Arai's no-no online policy at a much cheaper price with no revenue back to Arai? This doesn't make sense to me. Why the heck would Arai care that you bought a fake, THROUGH THE INTERNET? There wouldn't seem to be any legality or liability issues on Arai if someone fraudulantly copies and resells it and gets the buyer injured. There must be some more to the story or I'm missing something. No company is that gracious.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Their no on-line policy is for businesses only. It's not against their policy (as far as I know) for an end-user to sell one of their helmets online.
I thought the whole idea was to keep their dealers alive and well after internet sales (reduced pricing) that nearly drove all of the loyal dealers out of the helmet business. :idunno: Or you can buy Arai's 'for your own safety' excuse, and like HondaGal mentioned, maybe it does.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, that really sucks... Sorry you got screwed (initially)

It makes good business sense for Arai to replace your helmet for you and a few others on a small scale basis in this case. Not only do they get perfect examples of the knock offs and evidence for a later patent infringement law suit when they find the guy, but they also look great building customer satisfaction in the process.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Kenzo said:
Wow, that really sucks... Sorry you got screwed (initially)

It makes good business sense for Arai to replace your helmet for you and a few others on a small scale basis in this case. Not only do they get perfect examples of the knock offs and evidence for a later patent infringement law suit when they find the guy, but they also look great building customer satisfaction in the process.
Especially since it cost them about 10 bucks to make a helmet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
:) I'm new to the forum and would like to say; What an awesome Forum!!
:idunno: Here's one for you, have you heard of Wilz Garage on Ebay? They claim to sell Arai Classic/M open face helmets brand new in the factory box for $99.00 plus shipping. Has anyone out there dealt with this ebayer? If so, let me know your experiance. Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up fl-929 :thumb: That's pretty cool Arai is making it right. I hope they track down the source 'cause I've always been an Aria helmet head and I don't want to have to worry about fakes being out there.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Hi,
:) I'm new to the forum and would like to say; What an awesome Forum!!
:idunno: Here's one for you, have you heard of Wilz Garage on Ebay? They claim to sell Arai Classic/M open face helmets brand new in the factory box for $99.00 plus shipping. Has anyone out there dealt with this ebayer? If so, let me know your experiance. Thanks, Ray
You get what you pay for. If the deal it too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanks for the heads-up fl-929 :thumb: That's pretty cool Arai is making it right. I hope they track down the source 'cause I've always been an Aria helmet head and I don't want to have to worry about fakes being out there.
You should look at the original post date.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts