Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, a good and bad day.

After WAY too long, I took the blade and arata to the Sook and got him to map the bike.

Also did a test on those Factory Pro Velocity stacks to see if mapping them will make any difference....

Stock run on Sook's Dyno - 132.0 rwhp - fitted with Arata - 139.4
Mapped with Arata and stock stacks - 143.3 and mapped with the stacks and arata - 133.7

HOWEVER - the short stacks take longer to get to the power, and also produce less everywhere (except the last 100rpm) so, it is conclusive. The short V.stacks sold by factory pro are useless. Whether on a stock bike, or mapped with a pipe.

Sook did a great job with the bike, and the power is very obvious. I was kind of let down with the final output, as I was hoping for 145 - 148, but I'm only really 1 or 2 hp short of the target, and all in all, I'm not good enough to notice the difference.

Sook said another 954 with 132 rwhp had made 148hp after tuning, so I was hopeful at the start of the day. However, I think that maybe the fact that my bike REALLY needs a tune probably made an impact. It was obvious with the stock pipe that it needs a service, but with the Arata on, it shoves it in your face. It idles very rough, not the smooth sewing machine action I know and love. Bu that is easy to fix :)

However, as I said, all credit to Sook - he did a fantastic job, and the bike feels amazing to ride, even if it does need a service :)

Not to mention his patience, he also gave me a great deal on the 2 maps (with and without the short stacks) and a double bubble screen to boot. Needless to say, I will be going back for more goodies :)

Any Sydney siders looking for a map, I highly recommend his services :thumb: I'll be booking my service with him in the next few days.

Now, on the bad note (and totally my own stupid fault) I left my Oakley Penny's on the counter under the screen while looking arond the shop, I noticed someone walk in and had this gut feeling to just grab my sunnies. wouldn't ya know it? Next thing I know, they are gone!!!

:rant: :thumbd: :banghead:

I couldn't beleive it, they are like $500 in this country - assuming you could actually buy a pair as they are not imported here (the price is of the similar Juliet style) So, sadly that kinda ruined what was otherwise a very worthwhile day.

Z...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Re: Arata fitted and dyno tuned today :)

bugger on the Oakleys :crap:

Good to see you've finally done the mapping and dyno run with your arata and its turned out pretty damn good.....It tooks so long that I was starting to wonder it it was a.......wait for it......wait for it........pipe dream. :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Post a pic of the system. Zee had his headers and muffler polished. After the tuning, the header pipes looked fukin awesome.
Like Zee said, we did a 954 last week that made 148.9 from the same 132 that Zeeman had, and was no where near as rough and didn't have the dip down low. As we do more, I'll let you know how they go, but still, just over 10h.p isn't bad. I was dissapointed myself that it didn't go the same as the other bike. Don't know why it didn't.
Like I told Zee, we had a XR80 walk out the door a few weeks back. Went out the back for a second, came back, GONE. You gotta bolt shit down around here. If I'd have seen him out them there, I'd have warned him.

·
Registered
720 Posts

Good to hear that you got the 954 custom mapped. 143hp isn't a slouch either. :thumb:

I have a set of short stacks on my bike and made 145.3 rwhp, so I'll have to take the bike back in and test the stock vs short on the dyno. Thanks for the info.

Sorry to hear about your Oakleys brother. I might be able to help you on a new set of Oakley Pennys. I have to talk to my buddy, but I can get them for around $150 US. Shipping shouldn't be all that much, so let me know.

Rick

·
Registered
108 Posts

The Sook said:
Post a pic of the system. Zee had his headers and muffler polished. After the tuning, the header pipes looked fukin awesome.
Like Zee said, we did a 954 last week that made 148.9 from the same 132 that Zeeman had, and was no where near as rough and didn't have the dip down low. As we do more, I'll let you know how they go, but still, just over 10h.p isn't bad. I was dissapointed myself that it didn't go the same as the other bike. Don't know why it didn't.
Like I told Zee, we had a XR80 walk out the door a few weeks back. Went out the back for a second, came back, GONE. You gotta bolt shit down around here. If I'd have seen him out them there, I'd have warned him.
When I had my 954 we did before and after dynos (back to back) with Arata and pciii and Dan Kyle map. We got the same SAE 11rwhp and SAE 4rwtrq gains. The gains were everywhere across the range. I do not think you can tune out the dip at 4k as there is a physical piece in the stock pipe that is not in any of the aftermarket pipes but the Hindle. The good news is that you will never hit the "dip" in riding--watch your tach.

I am skeptical that you will get SAE 17rwhp from a pipe and pciii w/map in back to back, same day dynos. If you can do this consistently, you should be working on MotoGp and AMA Superbikes! Good job!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts

I had my hindle polished befor I fitted it, looked great, great mirror finish, but as soon as it got warm it tuned a yellowy gold color

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'm going to tak ephoto's of the Arata in the sun tomorrow - they look wicked - Futant saw them today, and was equally blown away! They have a blue/purple colour that fades to gold in parts around the headers and near the bends and it looks so damn horny!!! I just hope it stays looking that good - makes me want to leave my fairings off all the time!!!

Z...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Zeeman said:
I'm going to tak ephoto's of the Arata in the sun tomorrow - they look wicked - Futant saw them today, and was equally blown away! They have a blue/purple colour that fades to gold in parts around the headers and near the bends and it looks so damn horny!!! I just hope it stays looking that good - makes me want to leave my fairings off all the time!!!

Z...
:whisper: psst....they *will* stay looking that good...mine still do. :smilebig:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

HondaGal said:
:whisper: psst....they *will* stay looking that good...mine still do. :smilebig:
:hyper:

Though reason I said :hope they keep looking that good: is because I had th epipe olished, so it looked like stainless steel in it's sheen, and the discolouration looks like purple and blue liquid floatinf on the surface, it's just awesome :nod: tomorrow.. photo's :)

Z...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Zeeman said:
:hyper:

Though reason I said :hope they keep looking that good: is because I had th epipe olished, so it looked like stainless steel in it's sheen, and the discolouration looks like purple and blue liquid floatinf on the surface, it's just awesome :nod: tomorrow.. photo's :)

Z...
Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics. :thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts

The Sook said:
:eek:fftopic: Didn't australia start off as a prison colony?
:thrdjack:

·
Registered
960 Posts

jafo said:
:eek:fftopic: Didn't australia start off as a prison colony?
:thrdjack:
Only NSW and Tassie. I'm surprised none of the Mexicans, sorry residents of the Jewel City of the South, have chimed in yet. :smilebig:
RP

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

*chime*

Never really sat down and read this but the Melbourne colony seems to have been founded becuase John Batman wanted to stick it up the Governor of New South Wales. Based on A farming economy until the gold rush.

http://www.walkabout.com.au/locations/VICMelbourne.shtml

It seems we earn the stuff that the NSW and Tassie guys steal. :crap:

http://walkabout.com.au/locations/NSWSydney.shtml

Now I know why Chopper went down to Tassie.
http://walkabout.com.au/locations/TASHobart.shtml

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Mako, I have got those gains on 4 954's now. 3 with Serpent systems and now with the Arata. I was surprised that Zee's didn't make the same. But like I keep saying, that's why you need a custom map done for YOUR bike. they're all different. The more of them I do, the more I can let you know how they go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts