Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Arata full system, and can't wait to bolt it up.:D Anyone have a map available for the PCIII, with short stacks, ignition advance, BMC air filter? Gonna miss my Devil himount though......:(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to sell it. Does have a couple of scratches, but nothing crazy. I can send u pics if interested.

·
Registered
162 Posts
if u have mapped the arata, do give me some feedback here. i'm using a arata full titanium system, PC3 usb, K&N air filter. was thinking of ordering short stacks, dont know whether are they worth it. would appreciate if you could comment on how the stacks improve the power of the bike. thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
if u have mapped the arata, do give me some feedback here. i'm using a arata full titanium system, PC3 usb, K&N air filter. was thinking of ordering short stacks, dont know whether are they worth it. would appreciate if you could comment on how the stacks improve the power of the bike. thanks.
Don't bother with the short stacks and if you want to improve things, ditch the K & N and put in the OEM filter, then get it mapped.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't bother with the short stacks and if you want to improve things, ditch the K & N and put in the OEM filter, then get it mapped.

Cheers
Simon
i heard many negative comments on the K&N, but on the dyno it gave 1.xx hp improvement over stock. my bike was mapped for massive midrange, n its losing its top end, i'm getting about 250+km/h n then starts to feel a little weak. that is why i'm thinking of getting back some high end power back to the bike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I felt a difference in power with the short stacks and BMC filter. I see many riders disagree though.

So Moron900 do u have a map for the arata??

·
Registered
162 Posts
I felt a difference in power with the short stacks and BMC filter. I see many riders disagree though.

So Moron900 do u have a map for the arata??
yes i have. its mapped on my bike with a K&N filter. so how do i get it out from the pc3 into my desktop ? :huh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should have a Dynojet program on your computer if u mapped it yourself. If not u would need to hook a USB cable to the Power Commander, and have a computer(laptop preferrably) with the Dynojet program installed to pull the map off the Power Commander. If u have the program already, the map u installed on the Power Commander should still be saved in the program. Then just make a zip file or something to email me.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. Thanks again....

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I guess HondaGal's didn't work too well for you? I'm not surprised, since you have other stuff done that she didn't...short stacks, ignition advance, BMC air filter. Those aren't "common" mods that were done to these bikes. Most just did the exhaust, PCIII, maybe blocked off the PAIR system and removed the flapper from the airbox. My guess is you're not going to find someone with those same specific mods who can give you a map. Time to go get a custom one built. I mean, you spent all the money to install those goodies, why not spend the money to make it run correctly now?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just heard back from HondaGal, so gonna try it out tomorrow. I'll see how it works and if not, I'll try Powerhouse. Looked into them, and could be worth it. Thanks...................So do u think I should do the flapper mod too?.....just love ripping the bike apart.......:D

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Gotcha, I wrongly assumed you tried it already. :) It'll "run" with it. I've run mine with the PCIII pulled out (was trying to chase an electrical issue I still haven't found!).
I didn't do the flapper mod when I had mine mapped, so I don't want to pull it out now. If I had it to do again, yeah, I'd rip out the flapper (or fasten it down). The flapper in the air box is designed to work with the exhaust valve, and I think it opens up at around 7000 rpm.

If you call Powerhouse, you'll likely talk to Frank, he does the mapping. Good guy, knows his stuff. Tell him the HondaGals from NJ sent ya, he might remember us. It's been a few years, though!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Special thanks to Hondagal and Hondagaltoo. Went to Powerhouse Cycles in Babylon, NY and got a custom map for my 954. Ended up with a 147 hp, 72 ft/lbs on a bike that is sooooo smooth now........;) Those girls know their stuff!!!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Special thanks to Hondagal and Hondagaltoo. Went to Powerhouse Cycles in Babylon, NY and got a custom map for my 954. Ended up with a 147 hp, 72 ft/lbs on a bike that is sooooo smooth now........;) Those girls know their stuff!!!
:thumb: Glad you're happy. Frank does awesome work! That's about what HG's 954 got, and my 929 was about the same as her 954!!!! I got a good strong 929, apparently!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts