Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it matters a whole lot, but as I await the delivery of my arata for the 1000rr, I was wondering what an Arata sounds like. deep like a Jardine? whinny like a V&H?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Haven't heard the Jardine, but definately not whiny like the V&H. On the 954 they sound nice but relatively quiet while cruising, but are pretty loud and "race like" in sound when you give it a handful. You'll love it, don't worry

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
they sound great putting around town but get it above 6k and give it some gas and the thing is loud. Not annoying loud at all, kinda scary "look out or I'll run you down" kinda loud. I scared my wife the first time we went riding after the arata install. I passed her and the noise surprised the hell out of her! :evilaugh: You'll love it! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmmm...when on the track, the bike is not as loud as some other pipes I've heard so it's not obnoxious. It's got a nice healthy note. I wouldn't consider it a scary sound at all.

You'll like the sound...you'll see. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is a deep, low, strong sound that wails a bit once your are into the rpms on throttle. It is not obnoxiously loud, but is louder than stock at all times.

This is by far the best pipe I have seen.

I am waiting for the new Arata as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats good to hear, ya'll. price don't bother me much, I traded all my leftover 929 parts to the shop for it! :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Price isn't everything guys. From what you guys say, the service Dan gives is 2nd to none. That's gotta count for something, and it costs. I know I'd rather buy something from someone I trust and I know will look after me, than save a few bucks to get reamed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts