Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The installation went very well, thanks to Jimmy954's excellent install thread.
The OEM exhaust wieghed in at 20lbs, the Arata is 9lbs.
Stock dyno run: hp= 130.1, torque= 69.6 (green)
Dan Kyle mapped run: hp=142.8, torque= 72.0 (red)
DPE custom mapped run: hp=145.1, torque= 73.1 (blue)
As the graphs indicate, once the rpm's get above 6,000 the increase in power is very noticable.
The Arata fit, finish, and sound are outstanding.
Yes, the Arata is a little more money than some other systems but I am very happy with the results.
Thanks, Dan, Alex, and Pete!

Conq: I got my dyno charts scanned, do you have any info posted showing how to attach images to messages.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you done the flapper mod? 6K is where the flapper opens correct? My initial graphs showed that significant jump too until I stuck the flapper open, then the increase began lower in the rpms, but it runs rich.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
02FBlade : Excellent results.  I hope mine are close.  Got a baseline Saturday. 128.4 HP  Now time to mount the system...

954 Stock Dyno
I don't think I've ever seen a stock 954 dyno chart until now. Thanks.

Man, that's a canyon in the curve from the high 3's to the low 4's isn't it? I guess that's what I feel with the low rpm 'all or nothing' personality of the throttle.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Chain : Quote (02FBlade @ May 19 2003, 9:46pm)Excellent results.  I hope mine are close.  Got a baseline Saturday. 128.4 HP  Now time to mount the system...

954 Stock Dyno
I don't think I've ever seen a stock 954 dyno chart until now. Thanks.

Man, that's a canyon in the curve from the high 3's to the low 4's isn't it? I guess that's what I feel with the low rpm 'all or nothing' personality of the throttle.
The ditch and the sluggishness of the stock crap will be gone soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts