Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the look of the Devil highmount (+ keeps the rear pegs), but I found someone who has a great deal on a full Arata + PC3 system. Sooo tossed up here! :idunno:

Anyone want to chime in with opinions? I haven't heard either of them, so any comments on the sound would be great too. I don't want anything too obnoxious.

The numbers on the Arata are pretty sick, but I haven't seen any dyno reports from the devil on a 954.....

help!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I don't know much about Arata, but you're considering between a full system and a slipon. Typically, slipons don't offer any performance gains whereas a full system will if set up right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still a bit noobish here, so pardon me. Devil makes a 3/4 system which bolts onto the back of the htev valve. I've read about a 120$ kit you can get for the 954 that eliminates the htev valve and supposedly has gains of 9-10HP using the stock headers.

I suppose I'm asking if one would recommend the Arata over this setup. The devil highmount just looks too cool. What do the two sound like?

hmm hmmmmm...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The arata will make more power. Only you can decide looks.

Chose which is most important to you.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
ClemsonJeeper said:
Still a bit noobish here, so pardon me. Devil makes a 3/4 system which bolts onto the back of the htev valve. I've read about a 120$ kit you can get for the 954 that eliminates the htev valve and supposedly has gains of 9-10HP using the stock headers.

I suppose I'm asking if one would recommend the Arata over this setup. The devil highmount just looks too cool. What do the two sound like?

hmm hmmmmm...
I have a Devil highmount and love the looks and sound (don't need any more power...scary fast enough as is!). The Devil system, either the 1/2 or 3/4, is still considered a slipon. I've never heard of the kit you've mentioned but I would question any performance gains it offers unless it comes with new headers too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red Rider said:
I have a Devil highmount and love the looks and sound (don't need any more power...scary fast enough as is!). The Devil system, either the 1/2 or 3/4, is still considered a slipon. I've never heard of the kit you've mentioned but I would question any performance gains it offers unless it comes with new headers too.
Okay cool, I wasn't sure if a 3/4 is still considered a 'slip on' terminology wise. Good to know. :D

The kit I mentioned I actually read about on this forum. Here is the link:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?p=129607

BTW, have any pics of your highmount installed? Love to see it.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I forgot about that thread! I would be interested to know, based on dynoing, whether it does make a difference in horsepower.

Here's a pic for ya'...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Red Rider said:
I forgot about that thread! I would be interested to know, based on dynoing, whether it does make a difference in horsepower.

Here's a pic for ya'...
Yeah, I think some people have tried it and definitely say they feel a difference... not sure if anyone dynoed it independently tho. The dynos on their site are pretty impressive, but who knows if they were flubbed with...

Great looking bike. Definitely dig the look of the Devil. How's it sound? Did you get the 3/4 or 1/2?

Did you have to get a PC to smooth it out after you put the devil on?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just wanted to chime in and say mines a half system which was a mistake. The 3/4 requires no cutting and bolts on. I had to take a sawzall to my stock exhaust which in hindsight was a bad idea.

Either way the fit and finish was great. I think it sounds excellent - the best I've heard on a 54. As far as power I didn't notice too much - but I haven't gotten a PCIII yet, either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
johnnycrash said:
I just wanted to chime in and say mines a half system which was a mistake. The 3/4 requires no cutting and bolts on. I had to take a sawzall to my stock exhaust which in hindsight was a bad idea.

Either way the fit and finish was great. I think it sounds excellent - the best I've heard on a 54. As far as power I didn't notice too much - but I haven't gotten a PCIII yet, either.
OK right on. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to "HAVE" to buy a PCIII if I got the 3/4 devil. I'm still tossed up about the Shotgun (2 cans) vs the SB2 highmount... both look pretty cool.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not even close: ARATA. This is a full Titanium system and gave my 954 SAE 12rwhp and SAE 4rwtrq in back-to-back dynos (stock vs. PCIII w/kyle map).

Night and day difference in performance, appearance and sound. This was the best increase for such a system on any liter bike recorded on that dyno. Without limitation, this system specifically beat the AKRA system across the entire range--but the AKRA was on a different 954 w/PCIII.

Actual power increases are probably more since there was no pcm re-learn from riding the bike or burn-in of the ARATA system.

I don't know if I would buy anything else in the future.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Spot on Mako. These systems are just awesome. The Akra's while built well, are seeming to have no where near the h.p that they used to. We did an SP2 with Micron slipons that made more power than the Akra full system did on the same bike, both mapped.
I have 111 at the rear wheel on my 600RR from 100 stock, with an Arata system and mapping. I have done 2 other 600's with Yoshi and Akra systems, the yosh made 105, and the akra 106.4. Arata all the way.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
Ahhhh,

superdave got new sportecs! Its such a nice feeling! :D
Nah, I wish though! That picture is from last winter and I'm on my 2nd set of M1s. Going to give the Diablos a try next. I need to start cleaning my bike tonight, it's not as clean now as in that picture. :crap:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
SuperDave...I really like the look of the black tail section. Where did you get the "929RR" stickers from?

I smell a project a coming on...:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts