Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone , for my dear old 954 , are dunlop qualifiers still the sticky tyre they once were , i dont need mileage as shes only a toy , i had them on a previous blade years back , ive tried others in the past , pirelli are not for me , etc , anyways , 2020 thoughts on the dunlops please :)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,971 Posts
From what I remember, a qualifier is a touring tire. If you want the best sticky street tire Dunlop has to offer, I have to recommend the Q3, Q3+, or Q4.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think depending on your riding style and if you REALLY do push street legal superbike tires, then any of the major brands tires' will perform. I currently have Bridgestone S21 and they "feel" the same as other Bridgestone tires I've had on. Dunlop Q4, Michelln Pilot Power, Pirelli Dragon's are all great tires.

However, if you like the feel of the Dunlop and more importantly, feel confident with them on your bike, use them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone , lots of choice ain’t there , I have thru matter of course , reset the suspension to factory , the previous owners had made adjustments , so before I swap out the tyres , I’m gonna have a fiddle , what I forgot to mention was , with the previous tyres ( can’t remember the type , I think they where pilot power ? ) I got two flat tyres , I rode for 60-80 mile with the two flat tyres faster than I can with the fitted road 5 tyres pumped up , bizarre is that

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The blade had sat a while , and the opportunity came up for a spin , I noticed when trying to get the blade out of the garage that is very hard work , and promptly nearly fell off many many times but had loadsa fun , once home I stuck me foot against front n rear and they were pure flat . Tee hee . I usually get told by my local during mot time that me tyres are low on pressure , I suppose over the years I’ve had to ride some shite , so if the bike is shite I adjust to suit , but believe it or not , tonight I have purchased a tyre pressure gauge cos I need to up me game with blade if I gotta try n keep up with the local experts . Read some reviews on contisportattack 4 , they read ok , oh the choice

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks everyone , lots of choice ain’t there , I have thru matter of course , reset the suspension to factory , the previous owners had made adjustments , so before I swap out the tyres , I’m gonna have a fiddle , what I forgot to mention was , with the previous tyres ( can’t remember the type , I think they where pilot power ? ) I got two flat tyres , I rode for 60-80 mile with the two flat tyres faster than I can with the fitted road 5 tyres pumped up , bizarre is that
Seriously?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts