Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a set of Galfer front brake lines for my 08 CBR1K...I got a good deal because they were a closeout item and they were marked as superbike lines. Now the superbike lines from Galfer are 2-line kits and instead of banjo bolts at the calipers they come with fittings to screw right into the caliper for better flow and feel. Well the lines i got were a 3-line kit...one line off the master cylinder into a T split to each caliper..normally these would be considered a GP 3-line system but ALL of Galfers GP 3-line setups come with banjo bolt fittings at the caliper...well mine came with the superbike setup where they just screw right into the caliper.

Needless to say i am very happy because i feel like i got the best of both worlds with this setup. I like the clean look of the GP setup but i liked the idea of the superbike lines going directly into the caliper. I dont see any problems with this setup so i am going to keepl them but i was just wondering if anyone else has this type of line or if i am the only one. I e-mailed Galfer and told them about it and asked some questions but i havnt heard back from them yet.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i got my answer from Galfer...within the past 6 months they changed all of the Superbike kits for the 08+ CBR1K to have the GP setup with 3 lines...and it is cheaper than the GP kit! So if anyone is thinking of getting lines for their 08+ 1K i higthly suggest these...the quality is great and they look even better...10/10...very easy install too!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts