960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is a repost

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sheepofblue said:
R1 with GSXR1000 tendencies :down: If true I might have to trade my wool in for fur :down:
I ended up with Yamaha FJR1300.
Looks like that's it for this board for me. :crying:
Is there an FJR1300.org?

·
Registered
496 Posts
600cc Sportbike
You are a squid. Your bike is a 600cc Japanese Sportbike. Take your pick, it really doesn't matter, since you're going to wad it.
You are the primary source of extra bits of fairing plastic on eBay....
snip..
Take it to the track. You'll live longer.
I better stay off my sister in law's 600RR, it sounds like I'm going to wad it. :idunno: I resent the squid comment though. Poser, maybe! But not a squid! :rotfl:

·
Registered
41 Posts
JAMI6989 said:
I better stay off my sister in law's 600RR, it sounds like I'm going to wad it. :idunno: I resent the squid comment though. Poser, maybe! But not a squid! :rotfl:
DITTO!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Ducati Monster

You scored 3 moxie, 3 zeal, and 6 pomp!

You're a bit of a snob, but otherwise well-adjusted.
Your bike is the Ducati Monster. Sexy. Powerful. Agile. Italian style in a badass matte black.

You show the potential to become a superior rider, and you need a bike that encourages and rewards your learning.

The Suzuki SV series is also a good bet, but it wouldn't appeal to you. Far too Common.

A Ducati! Who'da thunk it? :idunno: :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ducati Monster
You scored 3 moxie, 5 zeal, and 6 pomp!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
FJR1300 here, too! One of these days I will add something more sport-touring-like to the stable. In say, oh, 10 years or so! Maybe sooner?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yamaha FJR1300: You scored 5 moxie, 10 zeal, and 1 pomp!

Guess the VFR will have to do for a while :rotfl: .

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
FJR1300 for me, too. Not a bad bike, really.. useless on thr track, though. They should have asked about that.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
FJR1300 here, too!
Here too.
Yamaha FJR1300
You scored 1 moxie, 9 zeal, and -1 pomp!
You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.
You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Harley 883 Sportster
You scored 3 moxie, 4 zeal, and 5 pomp!

WTF? :sless:

...You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling....

Thought experiment: if you were the only person left on earth, and you could pick any motorcycle you wanted, what would you choose? Best looking or best engineered? Your test results don't really point in any direction strongly, so I'll try to nudge you towards substance over style.

Consider: a FXST Softail weighs 629lbs dry, the base version starts around $14k, and will make 75-80hp -- after you tweak it with pipes and a jet kit. A Buell XB12R weighs 395lbs dry, costs $10.5k and makes 103hp, stock. An Aprilia Tuono R weighs 417lbs, costs $12k, and makes 125hp, stock. (We won't even mention the bang for buck of the Japanese competitors.) Still a fan of retro-classic styling? Then at least consider Harley's V-Rod, which mixes in some modern engineering into the equation (596lbs, 125hp, $17k).

While the Sportster is a reasonable compromise, you may discover that you enjoy the added feedback provided by standard-style bikes such as the Suzuki SV or the Ducati Monster. (If you must hang with the Harley crowd, they'll be less likely to give you grief if you choose the Buell, though.)

And I said NO to owning or liking Hardleys?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am quite suprised that I recieved Yamaha YZF-R1.
6moxie 8zeal 0pomp

So, what does this mean in the big scheme of things? :idunno:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts