Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a *quick* search and couldn't find where anyone had posted this link, though I'm sure Conq will come along and make me look slow and stupid.

I thought it was pretty interesting...

http://arizonamotorsports.com/

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Yup Carlos runs that site, and EVERYTHING you read on it is true. They are the WORST dealer chain I have ever seen in my life. They try their hardest to stick it up yo ass on every sale. They should be turned into the BBB and closed IMHO.

Dano

·
Registered
121 Posts
it's ironic that there locations are reknowned to be so poor, because there mail order biz isn't bad -- prices are good, shipping is reasonable, they have been known to screw things up, but all in all it seems like a fairly good deal. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've been satisfied with the mail order business, too. There've been shipping delays from time to time, but I always get the right part or tires at a good price.

Does anyone know if the mail order business is one big outfit, or is it a conglomeration like the dealerships?

I first started buying from them several years ago when Ron (can't remember his last name) offered a discount on OEM parts to the Hawk GT list. He's been responsive any time I have had questions.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Oops, read his letter. Now I get it...

·
Registered
36 Posts
The mail order is the same company. The dealerships are all owned by the company that owns Coulter Cadillac and a few other car dealerships in Arizona. The reason that they are still in business is because they prey on people who are first time buyers or do not know any better. They are notorious here in Arizona and Nevada for their less than ethical business practices. They also buy in such huge volumes from distributors that they can put smaller shops under because of their prices. They currently have advertised specials in the local motocross newspapers that are lower than our cost. This is in violation of the manufacturers advertising policies, but because they purchase in such volume, they do not complain. Their everyday prices on tires are $10-$20 under our cost. I think everybody that I know has a story about "hidden" fees that show up at the end of a deal or a problem with their service departments.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Sinister Racing said:
The mail order is the same company. The dealerships are all owned by the company that owns Coulter Cadillac and a few other car dealerships in Arizona. The reason that they are still in business is because they prey on people who are first time buyers or do not know any better. They are notorious here in Arizona and Nevada for their less than ethical business practices. They also buy in such huge volumes from distributors that they can put smaller shops under because of their prices. They currently have advertised specials in the local motocross newspapers that are lower than our cost. This is in violation of the manufacturers advertising policies, but because they purchase in such volume, they do not complain. Their everyday prices on tires are $10-$20 under our cost. I think everybody that I know has a story about "hidden" fees that show up at the end of a deal or a problem with their service departments.
This is what my brother (a former Arizonian) has said about 3 of their dealerships. He basically "gave back" a new bike and refused to pay for it after they forgot to tighten the rear axle and chain adjusters during prep and the wheel nearly went sideways at about 80 MPH.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sinister Racing said:
It's interesting to hear about this type of m/c business in America in one sense because this is a longer term problem in the UK from what I have read -- there are several dealership chains who give poor service and cust. service, but stay in business because when it comes to purchasing time, people cannot resist the savings they can find at these places. Local mom and pop shops (which remain the bread and butter of American m/c storefronts, as far as I can tell) can't compete.

And ps (for a random political aside), the same principle applies to WalMart, Sam's Club and all the rest of the places that we (or at least I) am hard pressed to avoid... :crap:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I am neither defending or demonizing AZM....but I will echo what others have posted above. I have used their mail order business in the past, and was always happy with the service received..... :idunno:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Chain said:
I'll spare you the gory details, but let's say I've been let down twice by these geeks.

Ummm....you are ordering cycle parts.....and you live in Nebraska.....my guess is they saw you coming a mile away..... :evilaugh:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I've bought several items from AZM without a problem... :idunno:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ConqSoft said:
That's the mail order part of their company, as mentioned above.
Oops, missed that. Well in any case, I've received terrible service from them and had to fight with the outfit over the phone about a refund on parts never shipped. Nightmare.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts