Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.. truly, I ask... just how good is Rossi?

Final results:
1 Rossi
2 Gibernau
3 Melandri
4 Biaggi
5 Hayden

And I still ownder, why the hell does Honda not give Sete it's full backing? He and Rossi are clearly the best 2 riders out there at the moment, and Sete is actually the only person that has finished on the podium in every race this season. Looking forward to Rio next week :nod:

Also think Hayden did very well to pick up 5th from 16th. I bet he wished there were 2 more laps...

I do find the 125 race to be awesome to watch at the moment too. There always seems to be about 4 - 6 guys in the hunt on the last lap, with 5 lead changes in the last few corners and some amazing racing, it's very entertaining for those who enjoy great racing.

Z...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Someone fetch me my medication...

Sete must be one step before going down Curt Cobain style... :D

Leading for the whole race... Rossi behind him seeming to be totally in control... the pass on the last lap... has the man got balls or what...wow...

Great races for the 125s and 250s as well...

We're gonna end up with heart problems for sure...

---------------------------------------

On a side note (not trying to hijack the threador anything): We (ze Greekz) took France out of the European Football Cup... Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheers2:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Re: Someone fetch me my medication...

vader56 said:
On a side note (not trying to hijack the threador anything): We (ze Greekz) took France out of the European Football Cup... Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheers2:
you have real football over in Europe now, you can call that other sport Soccer :smilebig:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Erm.. real football IS soccer... Ever notice the word "foot" and "ball" Soccer is the only cod eI know that uses exclusively feet (apart form the keeper) :smilebig:

Re the race - poor Sete, but I really don't think he has a right to be angry, let's face it, heknows who he is racing against, and he KNOWS Rossi WILL make a move at the end. I saw nothing illegal about the pass, it was fair and square, fairing to fairing racing.

Z..

·
Registered
469 Posts

Zeeman said:
Erm.. real football IS soccer... Ever notice the word "foot" and "ball" Soccer is the only cod eI know that uses exclusively feet (apart form the keeper) :smilebig:

Re the race - poor Sete, but I really don't think he has a right to be angry, let's face it, heknows who he is racing against, and he KNOWS Rossi WILL make a move at the end. I saw nothing illegal about the pass, it was fair and square, fairing to fairing racing.

Z..
He just slightly overcooked it and nicked the RHS front guard against Rossi's rear tyre, that was the problem. It put him off in the last few corners. Personally I thought Sete was more in control than Rossi most of the race, Rossi just managed to pull a bullshit move at the last minute, capped off by the slight mistake from Sete.

I'd be fucken pissed if I was Sete ... but hey, that's racing.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Not as sus as the block pass he did on Biaggi a few races back, but isn't racing about using all your skills and talent to win, and as far as I know that would be using your brain to do what ever is legit to win.

To me he looked like he was sizing up gibernau most the race and he only showed his hand on the last lap, so as not to give Gibenau any idea of how or where the pass was going to happen :idunno:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think that Rossi was in complete control. When he finally made his move, he had at least 5 bike lengths on Sete at the finish. Very cool to watch! :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
TCD said:
I think that Rossi was in complete control. When he finally made his move, he had at least 5 bike lengths on Sete at the finish. Very cool to watch! :thumb:
I don't think Rossi had the advantage he's been used to lately. If so, I think he would have passed Sete earlier and tried to gap him, especially when Barros was pressuring/passing him. As it was Rossi had to stuff Sete to get the lead which threw Sete off and got Rossi a small gap. But Sete came right back and was ready to pounce when Rossi bocked and caused Sete to run into the back of him and ended his hope to retake the lead. Melandri is looking fast, it would have been nice to see him and Nicky dicing it up again like last year in Oz (w/ Nicky coming out on top of course). Another lap or two and Nicky might have been on the podium, good charge through the field w/ Collin in tow. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I think that if Colin hadn't fukt up a tyre choice in Q2, and started from the top 5 or 6, he'd have been at least 3rd. He's obvioulsy getting his shit together finally, and given another 3 or 4 laps would have passed Hayden, Melandri and Biatchi. Honda have GOT to stop wasting time and effort on the repsol team and get behind Sete and give him what he wants. Not just more and more power etc. That ain't gonna win.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Look, Rossi is riding down on power... if ya can't beat him on power, I guess you have to beat them in the corners and on the brakes; Usually you brake before the corner...

*shrug* I think it was a well fought match and it was disappointing for Sete to lose... but I've been disappointed when I've lost before too...

Hmmm.. if Rossi did slow abruptly, I think that's a little bit of dirty pool. Like changning your line abruptly in a corner... as far as I'm aware, you can't do that as per the rules. I suspect a rule about abruptly changing speed is out of the question.

It's racing.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
That is racing, Sete is whining and needs to find a choir................
He lost the chess game today, the next race is less than 7 days away on another continent :smilebig:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
booth23 said:
That is racing, Sete is whining and needs to find a choir................
He lost the chess game today, the next race is less than 7 days away on another continent :smilebig:
Yup. Quit yer cryin' and replace your fender. See ya on the grid.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm hoping sete wins the next few races (though it seems Rio will favour Rossi...) I want the last race to decide the champ, and I want the champ to HAVE to finish ahead of the other guy in the last race, rather than "he only needs to come 5th..."

Z...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Zeeman said:
I'm hoping sete wins the next few races (though it seems Rio will favour Rossi...) I want the last race to decide the champ, and I want the champ to HAVE to finish ahead of the other guy in the last race, rather than "he only needs to come 5th..."

Z...
I've seen Rossi not have to finish at all during the last race to win the championship. But instead, he chose to win the race :thumb:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

vader56 said:
snip... has the man got balls or what...wow... snip
The size of freekin' grapefruits man.

Ratter said:
To me he looked like he was sizing up gibernau most the race and he only showed his hand on the last lap, so as not to give Gibenau any idea of how or where the pass was going to happen
And how many times have you seen him do the same thing???

Face it ladies and gentlemen, the guy is a God and a Genius on 2 wheels.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts